Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH script outputting strange file formats Post 302547954 by yazu on Wednesday 17th of August 2011 05:47:33 AM
Old 08-17-2011
No magic. There is a typo or a bug somewhere in the script.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr not outputting properly.. bsd sh script

When i run sh -x test.sh, expr outputs x=expr $x + 1 instead of doing the arithmetic.. been working on this overnight.. and its being a pain in the arse if you ask me.. :confused::confused: #!/bin/sh #script for downloading numerical filenames chap=1 p=1 count=0 x=1 while do if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspect_p
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple count script outputting mass errors

script outputting cant find anything wrong with the script either... : #!/bin/sh #count execution script time=0 while do if then time=`expr $time + 1` if then echo "The current tick is 100" fi fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspect_p
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Assistance - Outputting to file with Awk

I'm trying to take a list of domains, find out the MX resolve it to IP then find out what the NS is and output the contents to a new file. The only problem i'm having is when checking the Ip or host of the MX i can only get it to print the column with the MX record and the results of the host... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spartan22
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error in bash script

Howdy all, I have a scritp that does a sqldump. But for some goofy reason, a certain part of it behaves uber strange. It does a daily dump of my sql, according to parameters I enter in hardcode. The script is: #!/bin/bash APP_NAME="app_com_site" wikiname="wiki_com_site" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saariko
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to create a generic csv file from different source formats

Hi all, I have a requirement to create a "superset" file out of a number of different sources with some different and some same columns. We intend to have a manually updateable SuperSetCols.csv which would look like "ColA","ColB","ColC","ColD","ColE","ColF","ColG" so someday we may add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leedor
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

outputting set -x to file

I need to enable set -x in my croned script as at times the script is not returning all data that it should be. This only happens intermittently and as such I would like a means of being able to check what goes wrong. My question is how to output the debug of set -x to file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rob171171
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash string variable outputting incorrectly

Hello All, I am learning BASH scripting and I would appreciate any help with a small problem I am having... I am writing a script that builds a simple hosts file for DNS reasons related to a piece of software called netdb by parsing another application's config files for IP's and their... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wesley545
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check the file formats

Hi, I want to check the incoming files whether the file is Mac file or dos/windows file in unix shell script. Sometimes client is posting Mac file and sometimes it is dos file. Could you please help me how to determine/check whether the file is Mac or dos. Help in advance Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ubuntu 16 Bash strange output

Hello, I work in Ubuntu 16.04, I am new to Bash and something is wrong with my script, please help. I have a few hundreds of subjects data (like subj003.nii.gz, subj012.nii.gz etc. up to subj567.nii.gz) in a directory /usr/afewmoredirectories/subjects. I may run for each subject a command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lim-lim
5 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)