Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed works on Linux and Unix does not work Post 302547868 by dude2cool on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 08:39:44 PM
Old 08-16-2011
Try double quotes around that entire string.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending line with sed works on Linux but not on Solaris

Hi folks, Our application installation uses "sed" command to append string after specific line or after line number. Both cases work perfect on Linux but fail on Solaris. The OS versions are Solaris 9 and Linux Red Hat AS 3. i.g: Linux: ----- file foo.txt aaa bbb ccc ddd root#... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any Linux/Unix work with SATA yet?

i got my computer in 2k, built it myself. top of the line then and better than most still now. one problem however is i was never able to install unix because the old kernels were not compatible with SATA hard drives i dont have any IDE drives nor do i want any I want mine on SATA, but every... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GXDeMoNN
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what's the Linux|Unix OSes works on Servers

Hi everybody , I'm new here in the forum and new Dummy in L|U systems (Hope finding welcomes...:)). I just want to ask : What is the OS's that works on servers and the OS's that work as client OS?? I just know that Solaris Work on sarvers :D.. and i'm glad to be memmber in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derbi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with script in linux but in unix works

I have this simple script: #! /usr/bin/sh #***************************************************************************** # *** get_input (question variable) *** #***************************************************************************** get_input () { echo "${BOLD}${1} : " read... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|KiLLeR|S
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete rest of line with sed works on Linux but not on Solaris

Hi all, Our application installation uses "sed" command to delete rest of line. It work perfect on Linux but fail on Solaris. The OS versions are Solaris 9 and Linux Red Hat AS 3. yourfile.txt hello and world cat and dog hello world in linux: cat yourfile.txt | sed ‘s/\(\+\)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javac2005
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfileThis code works well in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfile This code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why statement works in LINUX and not UNIX?

Hello, I have a ksh script that uses code below. For some reason it works under linux but fails in unix. Any idea why? if ]; then ... Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdogadin
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed works on Linux but fails on Solaris

Hi, On Linux i get the desired ouput: echo "<value>WEB_USER</value>" | sed 's/\(<value>\|<\/value>\)//g'Output: Executing the same command on Solaris: echo "<value>WEB_USER</value>" | sed 's/\(<value>\|<\/value>\)//g'Output: I need to get the desired output on Solaris i.e. WEB_USER and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
JSONBOT(1)							    jsb manual								JSONBOT(1)

NAME
JSONBOT - The JSON everywhere bot! SYNOPSIS
JSONBOT is a remote event-driven framework for building bots that talk JSON to each other over XMPP. This manual page documents briefly the jsb distribution.. DESCRIPTION
This distribution provides bots built on this framework for console, IRC, XMPP, Convore and WWW on the shell. USAGE
JSONBOT uses command line options to configure a bot. See the --help option to get more help on a command options or see the corresponding man page. the jsb pakage contains the following programs: * jsb - console version of jsb * jsb-backup - create backup of JSONBOT datadir * jsb-convore - convore version of jsb * jsb-init - create data directory and config examples, default ~/.jsb * jsb-irc - IRC version of jsb * jsb-fleet - mix IRC and XMPP bots * jsb-sed - sed a whole directory * jsb-stop - stop a running bot * jsb-tornado - a shell web server based on tornado * jsb-udp - send udp packets to the bot that will relay the data * jsb-xmpp - XMPP version of jsb note: JSONBOT is in BETA stage right now and still subject to change of protocols and API. see http://jsonbot.googlecode.com. see https://jsonbot.org for documentation on the bot. SEE ALSO
The program is documented fully on http://jsonbot.org or see http://jsonbot.googlecode.com SEE ALSO
jsb(1), jsb-backup(1), jsb-init(1), jsb-irc(1), jsb-xmpp(1), jsb-fleet(1), jsb-tornado(1), jsb-stop(1), jsb-udp(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Thate <bthate@gmail.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Debian GNU/Linux 22 Nov 2011 JSONBOT(1)