Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking dumping traffic of a singel application Post 302547743 by smf15 on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 01:09:58 PM
Old 08-16-2011
I would prefer Mac OS, but Ubuntu would be ok too

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dumping files to tape

Can anyone please help.... how can I dump just a single file to tape using the ufsrestore command!!! I'm a newbie to unix and It's driving me mad.. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jonathan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dumping multiple Folders

How would i go about dumping my /home/ directory and my /root directory i currently have..... dump -f /root/backup.dp /home/ /root/ ...but dump only seems to see only my first source directory and not the second (/root in this case) anyone know a way around this..or if it is even... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freakytah
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dumping data and compressing

I have a utility provided by our vendor to dump data from their system. It is expsysdb -s prod proddata.dmp "-s" and "prod" are parameters and "proddata.dmp" is the file name that the data is dumped to (this can be any name). Our current system (AIX 4.3) has a file size limit set to 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dumping to tape from /tmp

I'm trying to dump files to tape and im just wondering can i dump from /tmp swap partition? ufsdump 0ubf 126 /dev/rmt/1 swap/tmp/blah.tar DUMP: Cannot open dump device `swap/tmp/blah.tar': No such file or directory ufsdump 0ubf 126 /dev/rmt/1 /tmp/NotificationServer_1.bku DUMP:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dumping network packets

Hi, My Solaris Workstation has got 4 NICS, out of which one of them(bge3) is unplugged from the rest of the external network & connected to other interface(bge1). The isolated NIC serves as a simulated Ethernet Interface for my application under development. Now, I'd like to capture RAW... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

6. Programming

strcat() dumping core

strcat dumping core in the situation like main() { char* item; char* p=sat_item; char type; item=(char*) malloc(strlen(p)); strncpy(type,p,4); type='\0'; strcat(item,type); //dumping core } I couldn't get why strcat dumping core? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Core Dumping?

How to now if the server is core dumping into the same filesystem? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: split 2 part from singel file.

Hi, I would like to split single fine into two array .. Example: file.txt --------------Installation -------------------- #GXTOOL=GxTools-20130501.tar.gz GCSS=GExpLinux-BE-3700.0.12.37.tar.gz TOP=TOPLinux-BE-3700.0.6.21.tar.gz GHDER=GHDERLinux-BE-3700.0.6.20.tar.gz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dumping database results and doing checksums

hey I am dumping two database results into two text files and doing checksums on them. Anyone know how to do this. I originally was doing line by line comparison and diff but I need something faster for larger gb size files. anyone got tips? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samuel12
5 Replies
byobu-quiet(1)							       byobu							    byobu-quiet(1)

NAME
byobu-quiet - Silence all of Byobu's status indicators and eliminate the hardstatus line USAGE
byobu-quiet [--undo] DESCRIPTION
byobu-quiet will disable ALL of Byobu's status indicators and eliminate the hardstatus line. Some administrators, in some environments, at some times may prefer a very minimal, quiet Byobu, without the potentially distracting status indicators and eye candy. However, the window menu is preserved, as well as all of Byobu's keybindings and helper utilities. To elminate the window list, use byobu-silent(1). SEE ALSO
byobu-silent(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 10 May 2011 byobu-quiet(1)