Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking dumping traffic of a singel application Post 302547743 by smf15 on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 01:09:58 PM
Old 08-16-2011
I would prefer Mac OS, but Ubuntu would be ok too

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dumping files to tape

Can anyone please help.... how can I dump just a single file to tape using the ufsrestore command!!! I'm a newbie to unix and It's driving me mad.. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jonathan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dumping multiple Folders

How would i go about dumping my /home/ directory and my /root directory i currently have..... dump -f /root/backup.dp /home/ /root/ ...but dump only seems to see only my first source directory and not the second (/root in this case) anyone know a way around this..or if it is even... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freakytah
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dumping data and compressing

I have a utility provided by our vendor to dump data from their system. It is expsysdb -s prod proddata.dmp "-s" and "prod" are parameters and "proddata.dmp" is the file name that the data is dumped to (this can be any name). Our current system (AIX 4.3) has a file size limit set to 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dumping to tape from /tmp

I'm trying to dump files to tape and im just wondering can i dump from /tmp swap partition? ufsdump 0ubf 126 /dev/rmt/1 swap/tmp/blah.tar DUMP: Cannot open dump device `swap/tmp/blah.tar': No such file or directory ufsdump 0ubf 126 /dev/rmt/1 /tmp/NotificationServer_1.bku DUMP:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dumping network packets

Hi, My Solaris Workstation has got 4 NICS, out of which one of them(bge3) is unplugged from the rest of the external network & connected to other interface(bge1). The isolated NIC serves as a simulated Ethernet Interface for my application under development. Now, I'd like to capture RAW... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

6. Programming

strcat() dumping core

strcat dumping core in the situation like main() { char* item; char* p=sat_item; char type; item=(char*) malloc(strlen(p)); strncpy(type,p,4); type='\0'; strcat(item,type); //dumping core } I couldn't get why strcat dumping core? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Core Dumping?

How to now if the server is core dumping into the same filesystem? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: split 2 part from singel file.

Hi, I would like to split single fine into two array .. Example: file.txt --------------Installation -------------------- #GXTOOL=GxTools-20130501.tar.gz GCSS=GExpLinux-BE-3700.0.12.37.tar.gz TOP=TOPLinux-BE-3700.0.6.21.tar.gz GHDER=GHDERLinux-BE-3700.0.6.20.tar.gz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dumping database results and doing checksums

hey I am dumping two database results into two text files and doing checksums on them. Anyone know how to do this. I originally was doing line by line comparison and diff but I need something faster for larger gb size files. anyone got tips? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samuel12
5 Replies
ttt(1)									net								    ttt(1)

NAME
ttt - Tele Traffic Tapper - a standalone program for local, real-time, graphical traffic-monitoring. SYNTAX
ttt [-interface device] [-interval ms] [-dumpfile file [-speed N]] [-yscale (K|M|n)] DESCRIPTION
ttt is the standalone traffic monitor program in the ttt program suite. It displays trafic-data of a local interface. To run ttt, you must be "root" on most systems since only root is allowed to access the network filter device. The ttt program suite is yet another descendant of tcpdump but it is capable of real-time, graphical, local and remote traffic-monitoring. It won't replace tcpdump, rather, it helps you find out what to look into with tcpdump. OPTIONS
-interface device specifies the interface for packet capture. If not specified, the default interface is chosen. -interval ms Sets the interval in Milliseconds. If omitted, a interval of 1000 msec. is used as default. -dumpfile file [-speed N] use a dumpfile (produced by "tcpdump -w") as input. The speed option specifies the acceleration factor of the replay speed. -yscale ('K'|'M'|n) change the scale of y-axis. 'K' and 'M' represent 1000 and 1000000 respectively. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: ttt To listen only on interface eth0: ttt -interface eth0 AUTHORS
ttt was written by Kenjiro Cho < kjc@csl.sony.co.jp>. This manual page was written by Thomas Scheffczyk <thomas.scheffczyk@verwaltung.uni-mainz.de>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tttview(1), tttprobe(1) Kenjiro Cho 1.7 ttt(1)