Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Putting together all values from different files in one file Post 302547736 by yazu on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 12:42:38 PM
Old 08-16-2011
This is very easy with perl. And it should be easy with awk if you have only 1.common, 2.common, 3.common, etc. files with, for example, such format (numbers as the first field allows to have words with spaces):
Code:
0.33 apple
2.3 computer
0.84 country

It is not hard to paste all your files:
Code:
for num in `seq 1 $max`; do
  paste $num.num $num.dat >$num.common
done

Then:
Code:
awk -F'\t' '
  NR == FNR { a[$1]=NR }
  NR != FNR {
    sub(".common", "", FILENAME)
    print a[$2], FILENAME,  $1
  }
' dictionary *.common
1 1 0.33
3 1 2.3
5 1 0.84

This User Gave Thanks to yazu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting restrictions when copying file

I would like to create a command to copy a file with a restriction- if the file exists at the copy destination, the copy does not occur and message is provided that file already exists. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoffpauir
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting a timestamp in a file

I was sure there was a way to put a timestamp ina logfile but I can't seem to figure out how. What I would like to do is after the last messages in the rptmgr.err log is put a timestamp so I know the next time I look whats new. I am using AIX 5.1 any help will great Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making file with values from different files

Hello, I am stuck up in middle of a script.Pls have a look at the problem and help me in any way out for the same. There are n number of files with n number of contents in a column. for example : file1 has contents in quotes "abcd" "1234-asbcd" "12312"..... file2 has contents in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating values from a file and putting to a variable

I am writing into a file testfile.txt values like ./XXXXXXCZ1/tprcm10c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ1_HOT/tprcm09c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ_cold/tprcm05c.bin I want to store the values of tprcm*.bin and XXXXXXCZ* in separate variables Can anybody Pls hlp me out with this ... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

joining multiple files into one while putting the filename in the file

Hello, I know how to join multiple files using the cat function. I want to do something a little more advanced. Basically I want to put the filename in the first column... One thing to note is that the file is tab delimited. e.g. file1.txt joe 1 4 5 6 7 3 manny 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting values into order in a field using awk

Hi, I am using UBUNTU 12.04. I have a dataset as follows: Column#1 Column#2 Column#3 .... Column#50 1 154878 1 145145 2 189565 2 454121 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on specific word in a file name & its extension and putting it in required location

Hello All, Since i'm relatively new in shell script need your guidance. I'm copying files manually based on a specific word in a file name and its extension and then moving it into some destination folder. so if filename contains hyr word and it has .md and .db extension; it will move to TUM/HYR... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prajaktaraut
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sorting the file and putting to a different folder

Hi, I am new to unix. Kindly help me on this. My requirement is as below: I have a path temp/input , temp/CL and temp/CM I have files in temp/input as below (dates in YYYYMMDDHHMISS) NMP1515O.CL.20181026111213 NMP1515O.CM.20181025111213 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanmugapriya D
4 Replies
WTOC(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   WTOC(1)

NAME
wtoc - Convert a Wnn text-form dictionary (or dictionaries) into Canna text-form dictionaries SYNOPSIS
wtoc [-f hinshidata] [wnnjisho] [cannajisho] DESCRIPTION
wtoc converts a Wnn text-form dictionary file into Canna text-form dictionary file. If all dictionary files are omitted, the Wnn dictio- nary data is input through the standard input. In this case, the dictionary of the Japanes Input System is output from the standard out- put. If one dictionary file is specified, it will be regarded as a Wnn dictionary. At this time, Canna dictionary output to the standard output. OPTIONS
-f hinshidata The user can add new information about word-type correspondence between Wnn and Canna. The following word-type correspondence information must be described in the hinshidata file. Within one line, describe the Wnn word type name and the Canna word type while delimiting by a space(s) or tab. Wnn word type Canna word type Adverb #F04 EXAMPLE
% wtoc -f tsuikahinshi kihon.u kihon.t Inputs word-type correspondence information from tsuikahinshi, then converts Wnn text-form dictionary kihon.u into the Canna text-form dic- tionary before output. % wtoc special.u | lpr Converts Wnn text-form dictionary special.u into Canna text-form dictionary, then outputs the result to the line printer. SEE ALSO
ctow(1) WTOC(1)