Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Packages
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix Packages Post 302547671 by venhart on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 09:50:28 AM
Old 08-16-2011
Unix Packages

Hi,

I need to create a unix package for various environments (DEV, UAT, PRE-PROD).

The scripts are keep within SVN, I need to pull the scripts from SVN and create a package then deploy them to each environment.

What's the best approach i should take and use. ( each configuration property would be different for each environment )

If someone can point / advise the best process that would be really good.

thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX patches with incompatible packages

I have a Sun Sparc machine with Solaris 9 on it as oracle server. We added two patches (112233-11: SunOS 5.9:Kernel Patch and 111722-04: SunOS 5.9:MathLibrary(libm)patch). When I prepared the server for Oracle installation, I checked patch with command: $/usr/sbin/patchadd -p | grep <patch_number>.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling UNIX software packages Question

I am trying to learn how compile programs using this lesson. UNIX Tutorial Seven I am stuck at 7.4 Configuring and creating the Makefile. It stats that I need to configure the utility with my home directory. After doing the echo $HOME command I get /home/Bill_Gates. It then says to insert... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jae99
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Which packages contain?

Cannot find which packages install: The executable: sharemgr The service: smb/server Anyone knows? Background, I want to setup CIFS on ZFS. Solaris 10. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb008
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

packages

Hi there i wonder if someone can help, i have 2 servers (serverA and serverB). on A i have 147 packages, on server B i have 714 packages installed. i need server A to have the same packages as server B. how do i compile a list of only the packages i need? so in other words the list should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Packages

Hi there i wonder if someone can help, i have 2 servers (serverA and serverB). on A i have 147 packages, on server B i have 714 packages installed. i need server A to have the same packages as server B. how do i compile a list of only the packages i need? so in other words the list should be... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing packages

hi Guys, relatively new to Unix. i have a list of Unix packages to install... how do i install only what is on that list? can someone help? Kind regards Brian (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

8. Solaris

RSC packages?

Does anyone know where to get these on Oracle's support site or elsewhere? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 packages

can one install packages from different Solaris 10 subversion on a SPARC? (if we don't have the install media for exact same Solaris10.) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

help on addon packages

Hello, I am running vertica on my VMware which has Centos 5.5. I wanted to add some packages to the OS as I am working on some user defined functions. The packages which I need are openldap-devel glibc-devel glibc-common libidn-devel openssl-devel The Centos version is Centos 5.5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
4 Replies
Padre::Plugin::SVN(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Padre::Plugin::SVN(3pm)

NAME
Padre::Plugin::SVN - Simple SVN interface for Padre SYNOPSIS
Requires SVN client tools to be installed. cpan install Padre::Plugin::SVN Acces it via Plugin/SVN REQUIREMENTS
The plugin requires that the SVN client tools be installed and setup, this includes any cached authentication. For most of the unices this is a matter of using the package manager to install the svn client tools. For windows try: http://subversion.tigris.org/getting.html#windows. Configuring the SVN client for cached authentication. Because this module uses the installed SVN client, actions that require authentication from the server will fail and leave Padre looking as though it has hung. The way to address this is to run the svn client from the command line when asked for the login and password details, enter as required. Once done you should now have your authentication details cached. More details can be found here: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.netmodel.html#svn.serverconfig.netmodel.credcache AUTHOR
Gabor Szabo, "<szabgab at gmail.com>" Additional work: Peter Lavender, "<peter.lavender at gmail.com>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to <http://padre.perlide.org/> COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008, 2009, 2010 The Padre development team as listed in Padre.pm. all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-01 Padre::Plugin::SVN(3pm)