Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Moving from .cshrc to .bashrc Post 302547430 by MaindotC on Monday 15th of August 2011 03:50:13 PM
Old 08-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@foorsa.biz
post your .bashrc here
I can't do it verbatim but I've edited the parts specific to my company:
Code:
#
# Profile
#
export POSIXLY_CORRECT 1
export PATH     '.:<path_removed>:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:'

export host `uname -n`
export env '';
echo $host
if ( $host == 'a.a.a.a.') then
        export env 'dev'
        export host_group 'dev_environment:';
else if ( $host == 'b.b.b.b.') then
        export env 'qa'
        export host_group 'qa_environment:';
endif

#if( -e .bashrc_aliases) then
#    source .cshrc_aliases
#endif

set prompt = "[%n@$env %~]"

Granted - this was all copied from my .cshrc file and the term "export" was replaced by "setenv". I haven't tried the aforementioned edit yet - not so sure the part: host) looks right with an open parenthesis but I'll try it later.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cshrc

where are my .cshrc files ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to specify header directory in .cshrc

in my .cshrc file, i can set my library files directory like this : setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/openwin/lib" now i want to specify my header files directory. please teach how to set it and what/how is the syntax thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.cshrc and .login overwritten !!

Hi, My account is : abcd I belong to a group: pqrs Some thing straneg happened yesterday. My .cshrc and .login got overwritten into pqrs's .cshrc and .login I obviously did not explicitly overwrite pqrs's .cshrc. Are there any reasons how this could have happened indirectly due to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjthomas
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.cshrc flie help

How can I set up my .cshrc file to do as the posix shell does the escape+k to scroll my command history Thanks Oh BTW, Hi I'm new to the forum. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lefty
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt in .cshrc

what kind of information is there .cshrc ? I want to set an alias in the form of =>#alias setprompt 'set prompt=">>$user<<@`hostname`:${cwd}% "' Ex. alias pr 'cd /home/username' when I make the change and try to do $pr ... its saying pr: command not found Is there any way I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

flags inside .cshrc

Hi, I use a specific utility in my .cshrc for setting up the right fonts and I believe it's sufficient to run it once for a whole session. Since I have sourced it in my .cshrc, it runs every time I do a source of .cshrc or invoke every new terminal. To resolve this issue, I thought of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oldtrash
1 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

.cshrc file

Hi All, I was hoping someone could help me with the following query I have please in relation to NX Nomachine. Is there a way to get my .cshrc file in say my “US” home dir” to run when I login to another server e.g say a UK server? Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainster
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with my .cshrc

Hello everyone, I write a ~/.cshrc for set class path to run my java application. The file is listed below. setenv YFILTER_HOME ~/yfilter-2.0 setenv PATH "$YFILTER_HOME/bin:$PATH" setenv CLASSPATH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl0101
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Explain @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMI

What does ' @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMI ' mean? Can someone please deconstruct and explain the parts? # @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMIIt is at the top of a the .cshrc of a new Solaris account I am working on. I am familiar with using the first line of a script for setting the program/shell to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fgrirx
2 Replies

10. Solaris

CSHRC and PATH problem please help

I'm doing some IVR programming and it uses Solaris 10. I know little about Unix, or CSH, but I think it's a problem with my .cshrc file. I was getting an error: "nstancehomedir/sqllib/bin/db2fupdt: Command not found" and also "set: Syntax error" when I log in. I found db2fupdt in 2 directories,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstevanus
2 Replies
GDNC(1) 						       GNUstep System Manual							   GDNC(1)

NAME
gdnc - GNUstep Distributed Notification Center SYNOPSIS
gdnc DESCRIPTION
The gdnc daemon is used by GNUstep programs to send notifications and messages to one another. By default it uses private inter-process communications accessible only to the curtrent user on the machine on which it is running (where the operating system supports them). Every user needs to have his own instance of gdnc running. While gdnc will be started automatically as soon as it is needed, it is recom- mended to start gdnc in a personal login script like ~/.bashrc or ~/.cshrc. Alternatively (if you have no command-line tools which use distributed notifications) you can launch gdnc when your windowing system or the window manager is started. For example, on systems with X11 you can launch gdnc from your .xinitrc script or alternatively - if you are running Window Maker - put it in Window Maker's autostart script. See the GNUstep Build Guide for a sample startup script. OPTIONS
To attach gdnc to a remote session use the -NSHost hostname argument. To run a copy of the server to handle public notifications (available to all users on the local machine) -GSPublic YES To run a copy of the server to handle network-public notifications (available to all users able to connect to the local machine on the net- work) -GSNetwork YES DIAGNOSTICS
gdomap -L GDNCServer will lookup instances of gdnc which were launched with the NSHost, GSPublic, or GSNetwork command line arguments. Alternatively, gdomap -N will list all registered names on the local host. SEE ALSO
gdomap(8), GNUstep(7), gpbs(1) The GNUstep Build Guide example startup script: <http://gnustep.made-it.com/BuildGuide/index.html#GNUSTEP.SERVICES> HISTORY
Work on gdnc started October 1998. This manual page first appeared in gnustep-base 1.7.2 (July 2003). AUTHORS
gdnc was written by Richard Frith-Macdonald <rfm@gnu.org>. This man page was written by Martin Brecher <martin@mb-itconsulting.com>. GNUstep August 2003 GDNC(1)