Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris (FMA) Fault Management Architecture Post 302547398 by dude2cool on Monday 15th of August 2011 01:06:28 PM
Old 08-15-2011
man fmd has the following blurb. So make sure you have the fmd running. ps -ef|grep -i fmd should confirm. Also post your /etc/syslog.conf, could be an issue with your syslog configuration.

Quote:
fmd is a daemon that runs in the background on each Solaris
system. fmd receives telemetry information relating to prob-
lems detected by the system software, diagnoses these prob-
lems, and initiates proactive self-healing activities such
as disabling faulty components. When appropriate, the fault
manager also sends a message to the syslogd(1M) service to
notify an administrator that a problem has been detected.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

User accounts management in solaris

I want to know about how to start and kill the process of other unix user. Do I need to change the owner or modify user account itself. ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikasdeshmukh
1 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris remote management

Hello people, How do we manage solaris from a remote PC. Do I have to download specific softwares from sun website? How does this work? Please share some knowledge on this topic.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Help needed regarding Solaris 10 patch Management

Hello Friends.. I have not tried anything related to Solaris patch and wish to learn more about it. I just wanted to try the patchadd and patchrm commands and how they work, just for educational purpose. I tried to download Solaris 10 patches, it asked me to register at sunsolve.com and i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris: Fault Management Service toggles online, offline

I have two Solaris 10 T2000 systems. Platform sun8 has newer firmware than sun7. sun8/user$ prtdiag -v | grep OBP OBP 4.30.4.b 2010/07/09 13:48 sun7/user$ prtdiag -v | grep OBP OBP 4.30.4.a 2010/01/06 14:56 The platform (sun8) with the newer firmware (OBP 4.30.4.b) has a Fault... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidHalko
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris FMA on a Zone

Can Solaris 10 FMA (Fault Management Architecture) be configured to work on a Solaris 10 x86 platform? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

6. Solaris

FMA error

Hi All, What is FMA error in Solaris 10 and how to detect and rectify it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 virtual disk (ramdisk) create for sun4v (T-2000 simulator) architecture

have been trying to create a 2 GB ramdisk (virtual) to run on my T-2000 simulator (Legion) which has sun4v architecture. I have a SPARC workstation which runs on sun4u architecture with Solaris 10. I have created a ramdisk image using dd command, newfs, then used ufsrestore to restore the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
3 Replies