Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SED script needs tweak
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED script needs tweak Post 302547077 by dockline on Saturday 13th of August 2011 06:24:57 PM
Old 08-13-2011
Birei,

Thank you for a wonderfully simple fix. The .* solution works great.

Life is calmer again....

Thank you again,

Keith

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to tweak up

I have a script like this: while read abbrev; do sed 's/'$(echo "$abbrev" | tr "" "")'/'"$abbrev"'/g' 'output_rgt.'$$ >'tmp.'$$ mv 'tmp.'$$ 'output_rgt.'$$ done<'dict.shortcuts.'$$ And I don't know how to leave "mv" out. ('dict.shortcuts.'$$ may be... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
14 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Terminal title bar tweak discrepancy problem in Cygwin/X

Code for the tweak (not my fave 'running process' but the more popular 'working directory') : case "$TERM" in xterm*|rxvt*|rxvt-unicode*) PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -e "\033]0;$TERM: ${PWD}\007"' ;; *) ;; esac Where it works: rxvt (the one I run 'rootless' outside of ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl line needing a tweak

Hi Folks, I have a perl line that looks like this and it works fine as is, but I need it to expand a bid further. perl -aF, -ne 'printf "conf zone %2\$s delete host %s,,,$F\n",split/\./,$F,2 if /^hostrecord/ &&/\b10\.8\.(|1)\.\d/' hosts.csv this code the way it is does this 10.8.3.0... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl find command tweak

i use the following command to find files that were recently updated within the last hour: perl -MFile::Find -le' find { wanted => sub { -f and 3600 / 86400 >= -M and print $File::Find::name; } }, shift' /var/app/mydata/ this command works well. however, it seems to also search directories... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tweak python program to give result in json

Hi , Below is the script which prints result in json but when i validate it has some tab or extra space issues. JSON result { "data": } This is the line I tweaked. Please advise. print "\t{", "\"{#NAME}\":\""+container+hn+"\"}" #!/usr/bin/env python # (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Tar.gz help - Need to tweak

Hi Guys - I need help tweaking my tar.gz process. Currently, I compress all files in a directory, in which the parent directory is included in that. I only want to compress the "*.txt" files in the follow process: tar -zcvf ${_ESSB_TAR_PATH}/Essbase_Exports_${_DATETIMESTAMP}.tar.gz -C /... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
3 Replies
IPESCRIPT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      IPESCRIPT(1)

NAME
ipescript - Run an Ipe script (written in Lua) SYNOPSIS
ipescript script { arguments } DESCRIPTION
ipescript runs an Ipe script written in Lua. The Ipe bindings are automatically available in the script. Ipescript looks for the script in any of the script directories. The script argument should not contain the .lua extension. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
ipescript respects the following environment variables: IPELATEXDIR the directory where ipetoipe runs Pdflatex. IPESCRIPTS a list of directories where Ipescript will look for scripts. When this variable is not set, Ipe searches first the current directory, then ~/.ipe/scripts, and finally the system-wide Ipe script directory. When this variable is set, it should contain a list of directories, separated by semicolons. A single under- score is replaced by the system-wide Ipe script directory. IPEDEBUG set this to 1 for debugging output from ipescript. AUTHOR
Otfried Cheong REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs using Ipe bugzilla at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/bugzilla.html SEE ALSO
Ipe is documented fully in The Ipe Manual, which is available online at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual.html . August 28, 2011 IPESCRIPT(1)