Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Single maintence mode cannot run any command on M4000 Post 302547040 by seems on Saturday 13th of August 2011 09:03:31 AM
Old 08-13-2011
Single maintence mode cannot run any command on M4000

Hii All

I was building two M4000 servers and one was successfully installed.
Other one /usr has been unmounted. my putty session got disconnected and i connected to console where it asked for root single maintence

#
# init 0
not foung
# df -h
not found
#
xscf>poweroff -a
xscf> poweron -a
not powered on domain is already powered on
xscf> showlogs power

is there a way to do or load OS i tried to poweroff from panel....
Any answers or discussion appriciated ......

thanks
seems

---------- Post updated at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:58 AM ----------

since /usr is unmounted i cannot run any commands ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

single user mode

How to diable the single user mode.. what i want is dat my users are unable to boot in single user mode via GRUB.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.jss
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run command Unix on a single line

Hi everybody.. I need to enter in bash mode and then run a command and this just in a single command line. I tried : "bash ^M| somecommand" but nothing.. How do I do to simulate the return button just right after the bash command ? Thanks.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riddick61
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple command in single command?

Dear Unix Guru, I have several directories as below /home/user/ dir1 dir2 dir3 Each directory has different size. I want to print each directory size (Solaris command du -hs .) Can you please guide me how to achieve this? Thanks Bala (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the difference between single line mode and multiline mode in Regular expressions?

Hi All, Can please let me know what is the difference between the single line mode and multi line mode in regular expresions? Thanks, Chidhambaram B (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidhu.anu
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple command in a single line?

Normally i would do this- cd abc ls -ltr I wish to run above command in a single line, like this- cd abc | ls -ltr But above command doesn't works, it simply runs the second command, ignoring the 1st one. :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boy18nj
4 Replies

6. Linux

passwd command not working in single user mode

dear all in single user mode i want to change password in RHEL server 6.0 (Santiago) i tired using passwd command it is not able to change. how to change it. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

7. Solaris

M4000 Mode Switch

Hello, I'm set to go out to our M4000 to reset the XSCF password, since the person who set it up doesn't remember what password they setup. I have all the steps, but the only question I can't find an answer to is around the mode switch. Right now, based on prtdiag, the mode switch is in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickNull
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Su and run single line command

myenv.sh script sets LOG_DIR variable. I can run the script and echo the variable in a single line as: # First set LOG_DIR to some dummy 'NONE' value $ export LOG_DIR="NONE" $ echo ${LOG_DIR} NONE $ cat /tmp/bin/myenv.sh export LOG_DIR="/tmp/log" #The below command doesn't show the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Can I run repair on lot of blocks with single command ?

Hi, I have Solaris-10 OS on T5220. Both local disks were mirrored under SVM. Somehow when one disk gone bad (c0t1d0), other disk (c0t0d0) also got lot of bad block. We have readable data only on c0t0d0, but as soon as server comes after, it hangs when I run few commands because of read errors,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run simple single command on multiple Linux servers?

Hi All, How can i run a single command on multiple servers with or without giving credentials. I have a file(servers.txt) which has got list of servers and i want to run a command lsb_release -dr on all these servers and get output of those servers against each server. I tried below code... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
9 Replies
halt(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  halt(1M)

NAME
halt, poweroff - stop the processor SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/halt [-dlnqy] /usr/sbin/poweroff [-dlnqy] DESCRIPTION
The halt and poweroff utilities write any pending information to the disks and then stop the processor. The poweroff utility has the machine remove power, if possible. The halt and poweroff utilities normally log the system shutdown to the system log daemon, syslogd(1M), and place a shutdown record in the login accounting file /var/adm/wtmpx. These actions are inhibited if the -n or -q options are present. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Force a system crash dump before rebooting. See dumpadm(1M) for information on configuring system crash dumps. -l Suppress sending a message to the system log daemon, syslogd(1M), about who executed halt. -n Prevent the sync(1M) before stopping. -q Quick halt. No graceful shutdown is attempted. -y Halt the system, even from a dialup terminal. FILES
/var/adm/wtmpx History of user access and administration information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dumpadm(1M), init(1M), reboot(1M), shutdown(1M), sync(1M), syslogd(1M), inittab(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The halt and poweroff utilities do not cleanly shutdown smf(5) services. Execute the scripts in /etc/rcnum.d or execute shutdown actions in inittab(4). To ensure a complete shutdown of system services, use shutdown(1M) or init(1M) to reboot a Solaris system. SunOS 5.10 2 Nov 2004 halt(1M)