Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Capture stdout from multiple processes Post 302547037 by dvales on Saturday 13th of August 2011 08:28:12 AM
Old 08-13-2011
Agama

Thanks for the quick reply. No I do not need to write to the child stdin. I will give popen a try. I assumed it would behave the same way. You code executes the children serially I will run them in parallel would that make a difference. In any case I will give this a shot I probably will not get to it until Monday, I did not expect such a quick response.

Thanks
Dave.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not able to capture STDOUT

I am using a third party API to get some real time feed. When I run the command it shows the results properly: etd@mhs-apps5009 $ mamalistenc -m lbm -tport mamaqa -S MLALERTS -s KANA wFinancialStatus Type CTRL-C to exit. (null).MLALERTS.KANA Type: INITIAL Status OK wFinancialStatus |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks__
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to capture STDOut of script in a CGI script?

Hi Perl Experts, I am invoking a shell script thru a perl script and the perl script is cgi script.I need to capture the STDOUT of the shell script in the html page where I am invoking the script .?The shell script takes couple of mintutes to complete its execution .Mean while my html page does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I capture multiple lines of the status output of a command?

I need to know what the upload speed of an Internet connection. I thought the easiest way to do this would be to transfer a file via FTP to my server using the command: sh-3.2$ ftp -u ftp://username:password@computerdomain/directory/ file_to_be_uploaded Note: My environment allows me to issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzz1528
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture child processes and change return values question

Thanks in advance. My environment is Ubuntu 9.04 desktop customized to be a high school classroom server for teaching code development. I have a unique "fake" jail called "lshell" which is very easy to setup and restricts users to commands that I dictate DISALLOWING ANYTHING ELSE. These... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxhats
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect stdin stdout to multiple files

Hi, i know how to a) redirect stdout and stderr to one file, b) and write to two files concurrently with same output using tee command Now, i want to do both the above together. I have a script and it should write both stdout and stderr in one file and also write the same content to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture values using multiple regex patterns

I have to read the file, in each line of file i need to get 2 values using more than one search pattern. ex: <0112 02:12:20 def > /some string/some string||some string||124 i donot have same delimiter in the line, I have to read '0112 02:12:20' which is timestamp, and last field '124' which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adars1
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple variables assignement (stdout/stderr outputs)

Hi all, I've been looking around for this for a while and can't seem to find a satifactory way to do what I want: I would like to assign the output of stdout to a variable and that of stderr to another one, and this without using temporary files/named pipes. In other words be able to assign... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthalamus
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - Extracting multiple key words from stdout

Hello. From command line, the command zypper info nxclient return a bloc of data : linux local # zypper info nxclient Loading repository data... Reading installed packages... Information for package nxclient: Repository: zypper_local Name: nxclient Version: 3.5.0-7 Arch: x86_64... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capture Multiple Lines Into Variable As Of Standard Output

Hello All, I have the below script and output. cat test.sh #!/bin/bash -x logit() { echo " - ${*}" > ${LOG_FILE} } LOG_FILE=/home/infrmtca/bin/findtest.log VAR=`find . -type f -name "*sql"` logit $VAR Output: cat /home/infrmtca/bin/findtest.log -... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Multiple Scripts and Capture Log Details

Hi All, I have a requirement to execute multiple scripts (say 4) one after the other in one script and capture log details and error messages in a log file below LOG_FILE= FILE.`date ++"%Y%m%d%H:%M:%S"` Script 1 : File_Checkr.sh Script 2 : Pre_Validation.sh Script 3 : Testing.sh Script... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deena1984
12 Replies
JACK-STDOUT(1)						      General Commands Manual						    JACK-STDOUT(1)

NAME
jack-stdout - write JACK audio data to stdout SYNOPSIS
jack-stdout [OPTIONS] port1 [ port2 ...] DESCRIPTION
jack-stdout captures audio from JACK and writes raw data to standard-output. The number of given ports detemine the number of audio channels that are used. If more than one channel is given, the audio-sample data will be interleaved. OPTIONS
-b, --bitdepth BITS Specify the bit-depth of each sample. For integer-encoding this can be 16 or 24. The default is 16. This setting is only used for integer encoding: Floating-point samples will always be 32 bit wide. -d, --duration SEC Specify the time for which jack-stdout should run in seconds. A value less than 1 means to run indefinitely. The default is 0. -e, --encoding FORMAT Set the output format of the data: signed-integer, unsigned-integer, floating-point (default: signed) -h, --help Print a brief usage information -L, --little-endian Write little-endian data or native-byte-order float (this is the default) -B, --big-endian Output big-endian data or swap the byte-order of floating-point -q, --quiet Inhibit usual output. This affects information and buffer-overflow warnings but not setup-errors. -S, --bufsize SAMPLES Choose the internal buffer-size in samples. The default size is 65536. The given value will be multiplied by the number of channels and bit-depth to get the size of the ring-buffer. EXAMPLES
jack-stdout xmms_0:out_1 xmms_0:out_2 | mono ~/Desktop/Downloads/JustePort.exe - 10.0.1.6 0 jack-stdout -b 24 -e unsigned -B system:capture_1 system:capture_2 | sox -t raw -r 48k -e unsigned -b 24 -B -c 2 - /tmp/recording.wav jack-stdout system:capture_1 system:capture_2 | oggenc -r -R 48000 -B 16 -C 2 - > /tmp/recording.ogg jack-stdout system:capture_1 | oggenc -r -R 48000 -B 16 -C 1 - | oggfwd -p -n "my live stream" localhost 5900 hackme live.ogg AUTHOR
Robin Gareus <robin@gareus.org>. SEE ALSO
http://jackaudio.org/, 29 March 2011 JACK-STDOUT(1)