Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Email ids trucated in Mailx function Post 302546999 by sasi02 on Friday 12th of August 2011 10:36:45 PM
Old 08-12-2011
Yes, if i assign
Code:
mailids='Sasikala.Mohan@xyz.com,Elaiyapallavan.Murugan@xyz.com,Nagamarimuthu.Karuppiah@xyz.com';

This works fine. but calling SQL code and then assigning the output of SQL is not working, if I give more than two IDs. It is restricting to some length.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prallel function with different shell ids

Hi, I have a script as follows func1() { echo $$ } func1 func1 This returns the id of the current shell twice so outputs: 4201 4201 I'd like to change this script so the function is called in a different subshell each time, giving a different shell id for each function call.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fl3tchLiv3s
6 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Please list email ids or contact info of members

Hi , Is it possible to list the user's email id for further communication. Thanks, MoonwalaPL (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonwalapl
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mails to various users without hard coding the email IDS

Hi Can any one help me out ? I am trying to send an autogenerated mail with an attachment to bulk of users using 'MAILX' and 'UNENCODE' . I have used it as follows X " ( cat /sastemp/body.txt; uuencode Test.xls.gz Test.xls.gz ) | mailx -s 'Testing' ' abcd@yahoo.com , efgh@gmail.com ' " ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx - mail ti ids containing ampersand

Hi I am trying to send mail to an email id having ampersand in it. Like abc.&.xyz@abc.com But it is not being sent. I also tried prefixing backslash before and after ampersand Need Help:( (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: aniruddha.saha
17 Replies

6. HP-UX

Sending email to multiple IDs

Hi, I am trying to send an email to multiple IDs from Unix script. I have given the EmailIds in a file and trying to use the file as input in the script. > cat Email EmailID = "abc@xyz.com cbz@xyz.com" In my script I have . /Email mailx -s "subj" $EmailID This fails with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Email to group ids

hi, I want to send mail to DL... i am sending email to single id using mailx .. how to send to group of ids? :confused: i am using a file which conatins all the ids, is there any other way to send mail without creating the DLfile? DL=path\file.txt mailx -s "Info BG is now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking email ids / phone no's in file along with obscene words

Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to mask obscene words and other contents like email id's/phone numbers in the file. Below is the sample input /output. Sample data : cat smp.txt The service is really bad . My email abc@gmail.com You can contact me at 4078909831 Output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Email ids from gecos

I would like to extract only the email ids from the gecos of each user id. I have to get the email ids of all the users on the server like this. Can someone please assist me with the command/script? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email IDs added to .mailrc aliases not receiving mails

hi, I added an email id to a list of existing aliases in .mailrc on my unix box, using vi editor. However, the new id has not been receiving any mails from the box. Kindly help as to what needs to be done here. Does the box need to be rebooted for these changes to reflect? Is there any other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
5 Replies
subst(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  subst(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
subst - Perform backslash, command, and variable substitutions SYNOPSIS
subst ?-nobackslashes? ?-nocommands? ?-novariables? string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command performs variable substitutions, command substitutions, and backslash substitutions on its string argument and returns the fully-substituted result. The substitutions are performed in exactly the same way as for Tcl commands. As a result, the string argument is actually substituted twice, once by the Tcl parser in the usual fashion for Tcl commands, and again by the subst command. If any of the -nobackslashes, -nocommands, or -novariables are specified, then the corresponding substitutions are not performed. For example, if -nocommands is specified, command substitution is not performed: open and close brackets are treated as ordinary characters with no special interpretation. Note that the substitution of one kind can include substitution of other kinds. For example, even when the -novariables option is speci- fied, command substitution is performed without restriction. This means that any variable substitution necessary to complete the command substitution will still take place. Likewise, any command substitution necessary to complete a variable substitution will take place, even when -nocommands is specified. See the EXAMPLES below. If an error occurs during substitution, then subst will return that error. If a break exception occurs during command or variable substi- tution, the result of the whole substitution will be the string (as substituted) up to the start of the substitution that raised the excep- tion. If a continue exception occurs during the evaluation of a command or variable substitution, an empty string will be substituted for that entire command or variable substitution (as long as it is well-formed Tcl.) If a return exception occurs, or any other return code is returned during command or variable substitution, then the returned value is substituted for that substitution. See the EXAMPLES below. In this way, all exceptional return codes are "caught" by subst. The subst command itself will either return an error, or will complete successfully. EXAMPLES
When it performs its substitutions, subst does not give any special treatment to double quotes or curly braces (except within command sub- stitutions) so the script set a 44 subst {xyz {$a}} returns "xyz {44}", not "xyz {$a}" and the script set a "p} q {r" subst {xyz {$a}} returns "xyz {p} q {r}", not "xyz {p} q {r}". When command substitution is performed, it includes any variable substitution necessary to evaluate the script. set a 44 subst -novariables {$a [format $a]} returns "$a 44", not "$a $a". Similarly, when variable substitution is performed, it includes any command substitution necessary to retrieve the value of the variable. proc b {} {return c} array set a {c c [b] tricky} subst -nocommands {[b] $a([b])} returns "[b] c", not "[b] tricky". The continue and break exceptions allow command substitutions to prevent substitution of the rest of the command substitution and the rest of string respectively, giving script authors more options when processing text using subst. For example, the script subst {abc,[break],def} returns "abc,", not "abc,,def" and the script subst {abc,[continue;expr {1+2}],def} returns "abc,,def", not "abc,3,def". Other exceptional return codes substitute the returned value subst {abc,[return foo;expr {1+2}],def} returns "abc,foo,def", not "abc,3,def" and subst {abc,[return -code 10 foo;expr {1+2}],def} also returns "abc,foo,def", not "abc,3,def". SEE ALSO
Tcl(n), eval(n), break(n), continue(n) KEYWORDS
backslash substitution, command substitution, variable substitution Tcl 7.4 subst(n)