Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search pattern that has spaces with nawk Post 302546985 by birei on Friday 12th of August 2011 07:04:50 PM
Old 08-12-2011
Hi,

Use 'grep':
Code:
$ cat infile
aaaaaaaaaa                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
bbbbbbbbb
cccccccccccccccc
dddddddddddd
eeeeeeeeeeee
LINK [2] COUNTERS
ffffffffffffffff
ggggggggggg
hhhhhhhhhhh
iiiiiiiiiii
$ grep -A 3 -F "LINK [2] COUNTERS" infile
LINK [2] COUNTERS
ffffffffffffffff
ggggggggggg
hhhhhhhhhhh

Regards,
Birei

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk-how count the number of occurances of a pattern, when don't know the pattern

I've written a script to count the total size of SAN storage LUNs, and also display the LUN sizes. From server to server, the LUNs sizes differ. What I want to do is count the occurances as they occur and change. These are the LUN sizes: 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyber111
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK - seach pattern for special characters - } dbl qt - sng qt

i'm puzzled.... trying to look for the pattern }"'. but the below code returns to me the message below (pattern is curley queue + dbl qt + sng qt + period) nawk -v pat="\}\"\'\."' { if (match($0, pat)) { before = substr($0,1,RSTART-1); ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwriting the leading spaces in NAWK

I have a file 1 1 40421 120 18421 112h 019 6 10335 03 1 1 40421 120 18422 124h 055 6 10335 03 I have wriiten a nawk statement nawk '$5 ~ "18421" {sub($7,"0190"print}' old.txt I am getting the output as 1 1 40421 120 18421 112h 0190 6 10335... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prav076
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK to remove lines that matches a specific pattern

Hi, I have requirement that I need to split my input file into two files based on a search pattern "abc" For eg. my input file has below content abc defgh zyx I need file 1 with abc and file2 with defgh zyx I can use grep command to acheive this. But with grep I need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in nawk : case insensitive pattern matching

HI, My file contains data something like 034500,5,B5004946544EB185,DEFAULT,0 Now i want to do a pettern match for DEFAULT and remove that particular line from file and transfer the rest contents to temp file.But my req is i want to do case insensitive matching ie DEFAULT / default. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: centurion_13
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk oneliner to find and replace a pattern

Hi, I need to replace the ip 1.1.1.1 with the name test.sol.box . I have tried and come up with following code. do we have any other way of doing this with nawk?? Data: #This is a test setup.Please enter your values and corresponding port number here ########################## Server Host... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a substr with nawk

Hi, I have files, with fixed length fields/let's say every field 5 positions/, like this: xxxx 140 xxxxx xxxx 140 xxxxx xxxx 1400 xxxxx xxxx 150 xxxxx I need to get only the records, which have 140 in the second column. I use that command: nawk '{if (substr($0,6,3)=="140") print $0}'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
ZIPGREP(1L)															       ZIPGREP(1L)

NAME
zipgrep - search files in a ZIP archive for lines matching a pattern SYNOPSIS
zipgrep [egrep_options] pattern file[.zip] [file(s) ...] [-x xfile(s) ...] DESCRIPTION
zipgrep will search files within a ZIP archive for lines matching the given string or pattern. zipgrep is a shell script and requires egrep(1) and unzip(1L) to function. Its output is identical to that of egrep(1). ARGUMENTS
pattern The pattern to be located within a ZIP archive. Any string or regular expression accepted by egrep(1) may be used. file[.zip] Path of the ZIP archive. (Wildcard expressions for the ZIP archive name are not supported.) If the literal filename is not found, the suffix .zip is appended. Note that self-extracting ZIP files are supported, as with any other ZIP archive; just specify the .exe suffix (if any) explicitly. [file(s)] An optional list of archive members to be processed, separated by spaces. If no member files are specified, all members of the ZIP archive are searched. Regular expressions (wildcards) may be used to match multiple members: * matches a sequence of 0 or more characters ? matches exactly 1 character [...] matches any single character found inside the brackets; ranges are specified by a beginning character, a hyphen, and an end- ing character. If an exclamation point or a caret (`!' or `^') follows the left bracket, then the range of characters within the brackets is complemented (that is, anything except the characters inside the brackets is considered a match). (Be sure to quote any character that might otherwise be interpreted or modified by the operating system.) [-x xfile(s)] An optional list of archive members to be excluded from processing. Since wildcard characters match directory separators (`/'), this option may be used to exclude any files that are in subdirectories. For example, ``zipgrep grumpy foo *.[ch] -x */*'' would search for the string ``grumpy'' in all C source files in the main directory of the ``foo'' archive, but none in any subdirectories. Without the -x option, all C source files in all directories within the zipfile would be searched. OPTIONS
All options prior to the ZIP archive filename are passed to egrep(1). SEE ALSO
egrep(1), unzip(1L), zip(1L), funzip(1L), zipcloak(1L), zipinfo(1L), zipnote(1L), zipsplit(1L) URL
The Info-ZIP home page is currently at http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ or ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ . AUTHORS
zipgrep was written by Jean-loup Gailly. Info-ZIP 20 April 2009 ZIPGREP(1L)