Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unexpected EOF : BASH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unexpected EOF : BASH Post 302546963 by DuskFall on Friday 12th of August 2011 03:58:29 PM
Old 08-12-2011
This section worked fine, before i expanded it to allow both systems to use it...

Code:
tar -czf "file(iPhone).tar.gz" "/var/mobile/" > /dev/null 2>&1
  USER="username"
  PASS='password'
  FTPSERVER="myserver.com" 
  FILE="/var/mobile/file(iPhone).tar.gz" 
  ftp -i -n $FTPSERVER << EOF #> /dev/null 2>&1
  user $USER $PASS
  bin
  pwd
  put $FILE
  bye
  EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar: write error: unexpected EOF

Hi friends, I am using Sun Solaris 5.9. I want to take backup of 3 folders which are 50 GB in size totally using tar command on tapes. I am having DAT 72 tape. After initiating tar command (tar -cvf /dev/rmt/0n /tmp/dir1/ /tmp/dir2/ /tmp/dir3/), tarring is stopped after 10 hrs (approx) and i am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayakumar.pc
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected eof error

Hi, I am newbie and am just trying to connect to oracle from shell script ,,,but I am getting the following error ./prog.sh: line 20: syntax error: unexpected end of file The scripts is : #!/bin/bash O=$IFS; IFS=","; while read a b c d do echo $c ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unexpected EOF

I ran the following scripts and everytime i get the errot as follows Line 54: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ',' line 57 syntex error unexpected end of file#!/bin/ksh set -x BKUP_DIR=/u03/backups/abu/nightly_backup LOG_FILE=/u03/backups/abu/backup.log ORACLE_HOME=... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manna
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar:read error: unexpected EOF

I need archive data from some tar files. I use the command "tar xvf filename". For about half of the files I get the error message "tar:read error: unexpected EOF". The number of bytes extracted comes very close to the size of the tar file. An example: 972434779 Jan 10 01:01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikeruth
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

Hi everyone, I am trying to search for a string in a file that is partly made up of a variable. Here's the code: echo "parentCategory = $parentCategory" echo "parentCategoryFormatted = $parentCategoryFormatted" numUrlsFoundInParentCategory=`grep -c "<Topic r:id=\"Top\/World\/Français\/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlueberryPickle
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unexpected EOF

hello everyone...im having this problem with unexpected EOF with line 85 which is..i cant see whats wrong with it..can any1 plz help me out. read -p "$p1 please enter the number of tries you wish to have:" lifeline function main() { guessnum=0 read -p "Please enter if its sinle player game... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freakhan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stuck with Unexpected EOF

Hi, i have a script as below. i'm using sun solaris 10. Script : #! /bin/sh load() { find /stage_area/loadfiles/telsims/test/ -type f -name "*$1" -print > /tmp/testfile.txt fc=`cat /tmp/testfile.txt | wc -l | sed 's/ //g'` if ; then echo " Files Not Avaliable" exit else... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unexpected EOF in .profile

When opening a new window under Terminal, got that message: Last login: Sun Oct 30 10:35:12 on ttys000 -bash: /Users/MyName/.profile: line 47: syntax error: unexpected end of file I tried several clues like using BBedit or emacs to get rid of it, nothing does. Maybe shell commands cut or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shub22
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

eof unexpected while looking[...]

Hello I use opensuse build service to build packages (oh surprise !) I have integrate a command in a spec whose worked and now this exit with: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' Command: if \.").mk ]; then ln -s $(pwd)/mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux2.6.mk \ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: posophe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

I have a piece of Linux script. It tells me some syntax error. I couldn't find it. Please help me to identify them. Thanks. The code looks like this: export ORACLE_SID=MYDB export SPW=`cat /opt/oracle/scripts/.sys_pw_$ORACLE_SID` export check_arch=`sqlplus -s << EOF / as sysdba... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies
SCRIPT(1)							   User Commands							 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script - make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [options] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything displayed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves the dialogue in this file. If no filename is given, the dialogue is saved in the file type- script. OPTIONS
-a, --append Append the output to file or to typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c, --command command Run the command rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e, --return Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f, --flush Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: one person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo', and another can supervise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. --force Allow the default output destination, i.e. the typescript file, to be a hard or symbolic link. The command will follow a symbolic link. -q, --quiet Be quiet (do not write start and done messages to standard output). -t[file], --timing[=file] Output timing data to standard error, or to file when given. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. NOTES
The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D for the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. It is not recommended to run script in non-interactive shells. The inner shell of script is always interactive, and this could lead to unexpected results. If you use script in the shell initialization file, you have to avoid entering an infinite loop. You can use for example the .profile file, which is read by login shells only: if test -t 0 ; then script exit fi You should also avoid use of script in command pipes, as script can read more input than you would expect. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1) HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. script is primarily designed for interactive terminal sessions. When stdin is not a terminal (for example: echo foo | script), then the session can hang, because the interactive shell within the script session misses EOF and script has no clue when to close the session. See the NOTES section for more information. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux June 2014 SCRIPT(1)