Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search pattern that has spaces with nawk Post 302546871 by robdcb on Friday 12th of August 2011 10:23:34 AM
Old 08-12-2011
search pattern that has spaces with nawk

Hi guys,

I need a help ! I need do grab some string from file and then count n lines after that pattern. This is working fine, but my problem is that the string to be searched has spaces within, like an example :

LINK [2] COUNTERS

what I am using is:
Code:
nawk 'c-->0;$0~\s\{if(b)for(c=b+1;c>1;c--)print r[(NR-c+1)%b];\
print;c=a}b{r[NR%b]=$0}' b=0 a=1 s="LINK [2] COUNTERS"  <file>

but the match do not work !!! Can someone help me ?

Thanks !!!!Smilie

Last edited by vbe; 08-12-2011 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: Do you mind using code tags?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk-how count the number of occurances of a pattern, when don't know the pattern

I've written a script to count the total size of SAN storage LUNs, and also display the LUN sizes. From server to server, the LUNs sizes differ. What I want to do is count the occurances as they occur and change. These are the LUN sizes: 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyber111
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK - seach pattern for special characters - } dbl qt - sng qt

i'm puzzled.... trying to look for the pattern }"'. but the below code returns to me the message below (pattern is curley queue + dbl qt + sng qt + period) nawk -v pat="\}\"\'\."' { if (match($0, pat)) { before = substr($0,1,RSTART-1); ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwriting the leading spaces in NAWK

I have a file 1 1 40421 120 18421 112h 019 6 10335 03 1 1 40421 120 18422 124h 055 6 10335 03 I have wriiten a nawk statement nawk '$5 ~ "18421" {sub($7,"0190"print}' old.txt I am getting the output as 1 1 40421 120 18421 112h 0190 6 10335... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prav076
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK to remove lines that matches a specific pattern

Hi, I have requirement that I need to split my input file into two files based on a search pattern "abc" For eg. my input file has below content abc defgh zyx I need file 1 with abc and file2 with defgh zyx I can use grep command to acheive this. But with grep I need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in nawk : case insensitive pattern matching

HI, My file contains data something like 034500,5,B5004946544EB185,DEFAULT,0 Now i want to do a pettern match for DEFAULT and remove that particular line from file and transfer the rest contents to temp file.But my req is i want to do case insensitive matching ie DEFAULT / default. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: centurion_13
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk oneliner to find and replace a pattern

Hi, I need to replace the ip 1.1.1.1 with the name test.sol.box . I have tried and come up with following code. do we have any other way of doing this with nawk?? Data: #This is a test setup.Please enter your values and corresponding port number here ########################## Server Host... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a substr with nawk

Hi, I have files, with fixed length fields/let's say every field 5 positions/, like this: xxxx 140 xxxxx xxxx 140 xxxxx xxxx 1400 xxxxx xxxx 150 xxxxx I need to get only the records, which have 140 in the second column. I use that command: nawk '{if (substr($0,6,3)=="140") print $0}'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
NETWORKCTL(1)							    networkctl							     NETWORKCTL(1)

NAME
networkctl - Query the status of network links SYNOPSIS
networkctl [OPTIONS...] COMMAND [LINK...] DESCRIPTION
networkctl may be used to introspect the state of the network links as seen by systemd-networkd. Please refer to systemd- networkd.service(8) for an introduction to the basic concepts, functionality, and configuration syntax. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -a --all Show all links with status. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --no-legend Do not print the legend, i.e. column headers and the footer with hints. --no-pager Do not pipe output into a pager. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: list [LINK...] Show a list of existing links and their status. If no further arguments are specified shows all links, otherwise just the specified links. Produces output similar to: IDX LINK TYPE OPERATIONAL SETUP 1 lo loopback carrier unmanaged 2 eth0 ether routable configured 3 virbr0 ether no-carrier unmanaged 4 virbr0-nic ether off unmanaged 4 links listed. status [LINK...] Show information about the specified links: type, state, kernel module driver, hardware and IP address, configured DNS servers, etc. When no links are specified, an overall network status is shown. Also see the option --all. Produces output similar to: State: routable Address: 10.193.76.5 on eth0 192.168.122.1 on virbr0 169.254.190.105 on eth0 fe80::5054:aa:bbbb:cccc on eth0 Gateway: 10.193.11.1 (CISCO SYSTEMS, INC.) on eth0 DNS: 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 lldp [LINK...] Show discovered LLDP (Link Layer Discovery Protocol) neighbors. If one or more link names are specified only neighbors on those interfaces are shown. Otherwise shows discovered neighbors on all interfaces. Note that for this feature to work, LLDP= must be turned on on the specific interface, see systemd.network(5) for details. Produces output similar to: LINK CHASSIS ID SYSTEM NAME CAPS PORT ID PORT DESCRIPTION enp0s25 00:e0:4c:00:00:00 GS1900 ..b........ 2 Port #2 Capability Flags: o - Other; p - Repeater; b - Bridge; w - WLAN Access Point; r - Router; t - Telephone; d - DOCSIS cable device; a - Station; c - Customer VLAN; s - Service VLAN, m - Two-port MAC Relay (TPMR) 1 neighbors listed. label Show numerical address labels that can be used for address selection. This is the same information that ip-addrlabel(8) shows. See RFC 3484[1] for a discussion of address labels. Produces output similar to: Prefix/Prefixlen Label ::/0 1 fc00::/7 5 fec0::/10 11 2002::/16 2 3ffe::/16 12 2001:10::/28 7 2001::/32 6 ::ffff:0.0.0.0/96 4 ::/96 3 ::1/128 0 EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd-networkd.service(8), systemd.network(5), systemd.netdev(5), ip(8) NOTES
1. RFC 3484 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3484 systemd 237 NETWORKCTL(1)