Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [solved] how to get specific env variable values into a file Post 302546849 by crimso on Friday 12th of August 2011 09:41:06 AM
Old 08-12-2011
worked like a charm on rhel5.

so much cleaner than what i had done. thanx so much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh help assigning specific values to variable in script

Hi - Help needed. I have an input file that looks something like this, but with a lot more entries: A Customer1 B 4500 C 8000 A Customer2 B 6422 C 8922 I need to be able to print details for each customer on one line per customer. ie. if I could print these to a file and then cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add env variable in a file

Hi, I have a small requirement set -x `grep IMPACT_HOME=/opt/impact /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt | cut -d'=' -f2` if ; then sed 's#IMPACT_HOME=*#d' /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt echo "IMPACT_HOME=" >> /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt sed 's#IMPACT_HOME=*#IMPACT_HOME=/opt/impact#g' /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Env values in HTML file

Hi, I am sending 'mailx' one file.html from unix, and i want to put the field values from the unix environment.. like. <p><input type="text" name="name" value="Your name" /></p> in thin i want to put value "Your name" as let's say $HOME, can this be possible? If yes..can anyone please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaiankur
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Assigning a value to a variable name then running a loop on these values

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could assist me for (what is probably) a very straightforward answer. I have input files containing something like File 1 Apples Apples Apples Apples File 2 Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubleo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert value of env variable in xml file

Hello, I have the following variables set in my env echo $MY_XSD_FILE /home/jak/sample.xsd echo $MY_INTERVAL_VALUE 4 I want to insert them between the xml tags in my xml file cat sample.xml ::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::: <property name="FILE"></property> :::::::::::::::::::::::... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Where & what bash env file, Mac OS?

Hi! I wanted to simplify my bash prompt, so I edited my etc/bashrc file. I thought this was the file that would override any other env files. When I opened it, I saw that the way it was setup was not what my prompt looked like, although I forget exactly what was there. But i edited it the way I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudon't
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] UNIX FOR loop to read a variable with multiple values

Hi, I have a variable which stores file names as a result of find command. I need to delete all these files one by one, i.e. by a loop. Can anyone tell me how can it be done? The variable f2d has the file names like these abc.txt bcd.txt fff.txt gef.txt Now I have used a loop as... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to print specific text from a file?

Hi All, I have the below text file from which I have to cut particular section starting from PTR_Security_Rpeorting.cpf to PTR_Security_Reporting_Env93_export. Report Model............: "D:\Cognos_Publishing\tmp.a2R94KLQec"\PTR_Security_Reporting.cpf Report Output Script....:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get specific values from a file, help

Dear all, I have a specific problem that i cannot solve and I hope someone here can help me. :) I have two text files with one column of values. Example: File1: 67 94 95 . . File2 0.1 0.003 0.5 . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Higgo
3 Replies
hx509 enviroment functions(3)					Heimdalx509library				     hx509 enviroment functions(3)

NAME
hx509 enviroment functions - Functions int hx509_env_add (hx509_context context, hx509_env *env, const char *key, const char *value) int hx509_env_add_binding (hx509_context context, hx509_env *env, const char *key, hx509_env list) const char * hx509_env_lfind (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char *key, size_t len) const char * hx509_env_find (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char *key) hx509_env hx509_env_find_binding (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char *key) void hx509_env_free (hx509_env *env) Detailed Description Function Documentation int hx509_env_add (hx509_context context, hx509_env * env, const char * key, const char * value) Add a new key/value pair to the hx509_env. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to add value value to add Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). int hx509_env_add_binding (hx509_context context, hx509_env * env, const char * key, hx509_env list) Add a new key/binding pair to the hx509_env. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to add list binding list to add Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). const char* hx509_env_find (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char * key) Search the hx509_env for a key. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to search for. Returns: the value if the key is found, NULL otherwise. hx509_env hx509_env_find_binding (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char * key) Search the hx509_env for a binding. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to search for. Returns: the binding if the key is found, NULL if not found. void hx509_env_free (hx509_env * env) Free an hx509_env enviroment context. Parameters: env the enviroment to free. const char* hx509_env_lfind (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char * key, size_t len) Search the hx509_env for a length based key. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to search for. len length of key. Returns: the value if the key is found, NULL otherwise. Version 1.5.2 11 Jan 2012 hx509 enviroment functions(3)