Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Iterating and calloc questions. Post 302546576 by Corona688 on Thursday 11th of August 2011 01:09:13 PM
Old 08-11-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errigour
So if I put the free(i) statement afterwards it will work?
You're still assigning the same thing to itself so your code makes no sense in any order.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

memset vs calloc

Dear Friends, Can any one tell me the difference between memset and calloc function in C. Regards, Selvi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem iterating in while loop

I am facing a problem in replacing the file contents by iterating through the list. My present code: Code: #!/bin/bash# TFILE="/tmp/vinay/testb_1.txt" while read linedo aline="$line" echo $aline code=`echo $aline|cut -d ',' -f1` country=`echo $aline|cut -d... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

iterating over results from sqlplus

hi all, i am writing a ksh script, i am logging into an oracle db via sqlplus and running a select statement but i dont know how i can store the results from the sql so i can iterate over it and do more operations over it. I dont want to write a stored procedure with a cursor since i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating through two arrays in a single loop

Hey everyone. Is it possible to use two arrays in a loop? Basically what I am trying to do is iterate through the elements in an array, and, based on a condition, use the current position in the array to point to that index in the array. Here's the loop structure I'm looking for: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msarro
1 Replies

5. Programming

Calloc C++

Hello all, I have a confusion with calloc function : wz. the difference between the following 2 statemnts: char *ptr; char = (char*)calloc(num, sizeof(char)); char = (char*)calloc(num, sizeof(char*)); Am really confused!!!!! ---------- Post updated at 09:32 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mind@work
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating over subdirectories and dealing with files within them

Hello, I am working on a coding project for a class and to test the program I have created, I have come up with 100 different test cases. The program takes four text files as input, so each of the test cases is contained in a folder with four files. I have a folder called 'tests', within which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dpryor
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating over a list using awk, when variable

Hi, I've recently started using Awk commands as i need it to pull information out of a file and give me the mean value of a series of numbers. Here is the code i run on my Infile and it works just fine. awk '{if ($1 == "Mam189") print $0}' Infile | awk '{if ($1 != $2) print $0}' | awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cavanac2
5 Replies

8. Programming

calloc fails: 'Cannot allocate memory'

Hi , experts. I work on Linux station (RedHat 5.7), regular user, but have root password. %> uname -a Linux ran1log06 2.6.18-238.1.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Jan 4 13:32:19 EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux %> cat /etc/issue Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.7 (Tikanga) Kernel \r on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baruchgu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating awk over a directory of files?

I need to run the same awk function over an entire directly of files. This is the awk: awk '{$(NF+1)=1}1' Is there a way that I can run this command once over all of the files, along the lines of: awk '{$(NF+1)=1}1' * so that I do not have to run this several times? My main concern is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on iterating array elements

Hi, I am trying to do something similar to the for loop example from KSH For Loop Array: Iterate Through Array Values $: cat y.ksh #!/bin/ksh # set array called nameservers set -A nameservers 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.5 202.54.1.5 # print all name servers for i in ${nameservers} do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitCommUseraContPerl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitCommaSeparatedStatements(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitCommaSeparatedStatements - Don't use the comma operator as a statement separator. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Perl's comma statement separator has really low precedence, which leads to code that looks like it's using the comma list element separator not actually doing so. Conway suggests that the statement separator not be used in order to prevent this situation. The confusion that the statement separator causes is primarily due to the assignment operators having higher precedence. For example, trying to combine two arrays into another like this won't work: @x = @y, @z; because it is equivalent to @x = @y; @z; Conversely, there are the built-in functions, like "print", that normally force the rest of the statement into list context, but don't when called like a subroutine. This is not likely to produce what is intended: print join q{, }, 2, 3, 5, 7, ": the single-digit primes. "; The obvious fix is to add parentheses. Placing them like print join( q{, }, 2, 3, 5, 7 ), ": the single-digit primes. "; will work, but print ( join q{, }, 2, 3, 5, 7 ), ": the single-digit primes. "; will not, because it is equivalent to print( join q{, }, 2, 3, 5, 7 ); ": the single-digit primes. "; CONFIGURATION
This policy can be configured to allow the last statement in a "map" or "grep" block to be comma separated. This is done via the "allow_last_statement_to_be_comma_separated_in_map_and_grep" option like so: [ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitCommaSeparatedStatements] allow_last_statement_to_be_comma_separated_in_map_and_grep = 1 With this option off (the default), the following code violates this policy. %hash = map {$_, 1} @list; With this option on, this statement is allowed. Even if this option is off, using a fat comma "=>" works, but that forces stringification on the first value, which may not be what you want. BUGS
Needs to check for "scalar( something, something )". AUTHOR
Elliot Shank "<perl@galumph.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Elliot Shank. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitCommaSeparatedStatements(3pm)