Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Iterating and calloc questions. Post 302546576 by Corona688 on Thursday 11th of August 2011 01:09:13 PM
Old 08-11-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errigour
So if I put the free(i) statement afterwards it will work?
You're still assigning the same thing to itself so your code makes no sense in any order.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

memset vs calloc

Dear Friends, Can any one tell me the difference between memset and calloc function in C. Regards, Selvi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem iterating in while loop

I am facing a problem in replacing the file contents by iterating through the list. My present code: Code: #!/bin/bash# TFILE="/tmp/vinay/testb_1.txt" while read linedo aline="$line" echo $aline code=`echo $aline|cut -d ',' -f1` country=`echo $aline|cut -d... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

iterating over results from sqlplus

hi all, i am writing a ksh script, i am logging into an oracle db via sqlplus and running a select statement but i dont know how i can store the results from the sql so i can iterate over it and do more operations over it. I dont want to write a stored procedure with a cursor since i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating through two arrays in a single loop

Hey everyone. Is it possible to use two arrays in a loop? Basically what I am trying to do is iterate through the elements in an array, and, based on a condition, use the current position in the array to point to that index in the array. Here's the loop structure I'm looking for: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msarro
1 Replies

5. Programming

Calloc C++

Hello all, I have a confusion with calloc function : wz. the difference between the following 2 statemnts: char *ptr; char = (char*)calloc(num, sizeof(char)); char = (char*)calloc(num, sizeof(char*)); Am really confused!!!!! ---------- Post updated at 09:32 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mind@work
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating over subdirectories and dealing with files within them

Hello, I am working on a coding project for a class and to test the program I have created, I have come up with 100 different test cases. The program takes four text files as input, so each of the test cases is contained in a folder with four files. I have a folder called 'tests', within which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dpryor
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating over a list using awk, when variable

Hi, I've recently started using Awk commands as i need it to pull information out of a file and give me the mean value of a series of numbers. Here is the code i run on my Infile and it works just fine. awk '{if ($1 == "Mam189") print $0}' Infile | awk '{if ($1 != $2) print $0}' | awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cavanac2
5 Replies

8. Programming

calloc fails: 'Cannot allocate memory'

Hi , experts. I work on Linux station (RedHat 5.7), regular user, but have root password. %> uname -a Linux ran1log06 2.6.18-238.1.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Jan 4 13:32:19 EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux %> cat /etc/issue Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.7 (Tikanga) Kernel \r on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baruchgu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating awk over a directory of files?

I need to run the same awk function over an entire directly of files. This is the awk: awk '{$(NF+1)=1}1' Is there a way that I can run this command once over all of the files, along the lines of: awk '{$(NF+1)=1}1' * so that I do not have to run this several times? My main concern is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on iterating array elements

Hi, I am trying to do something similar to the for loop example from KSH For Loop Array: Iterate Through Array Values $: cat y.ksh #!/bin/ksh # set array called nameservers set -A nameservers 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.5 202.54.1.5 # print all name servers for i in ${nameservers} do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
Mason::Manual(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Mason::Manual(3pm)

NAME
Mason::Manual - Index of Mason documentation MANUALS
Mason::Manual::Intro A quick introduction to get your feet wet. Mason::Manual::Setup How to set up Mason in a web environment and a non-web environment. Mason::Manual::Components All about components, the building blocks of Mason. Mason::Manual::Syntax A full reference of syntax that can be used in components. Mason::Manual::RequestDispatch How request paths get mapped to page components. Mason::Manual::Cookbook Recipes for common Mason tasks. Mason::Manual::FAQ Frequently asked questions. Mason::Manual::Filters Using and creating filters that can be applied to portions of content in a component. Mason::Manual::Plugins Using and creating plugins to modify Mason behavior. Mason::Manual::UpgradingFromMason1 Summary of differences between Mason 1 and Mason 2. OBJECT DOCUMENTATION
Mason::Interp Mason::Interp is the central Mason object, returned from "Mason->new". It is responsible for creating new requests, compiling components, and maintaining the cache of loaded components. Mason::Request Mason::Request represents a single request for a page, and is the access point for most Mason features not provided by syntactic tags. Mason::Component Mason::Component is the base class from which all generated component classes inherit, directly or indirectly. SEE ALSO
Mason AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz <swartz@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2011 by Jonathan Swartz. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-02 Mason::Manual(3pm)