Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to select/delete some lines in shell? Post 302546504 by SujeethP on Thursday 11th of August 2011 10:40:36 AM
Old 08-11-2011
That was an example of my file.. My file does not have any numbers. So i need to select it from the existence of Particular Character, For Example,

Event ID =1
EventID=25
EventID=50

I need to select from "EventID=25" to rest of the file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Shell Script to delete lines in a file

Hi All, I have a file with 3 columns (Bank Name, Account Number and Amount). My requirement, I need to delete lines using Unix Shell script: 1. Which are having Alphanumeric characters in Account Number (eg. Line3). 2. Which are having 0.00 in amount. (eg. Line4) 3. And also I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select lines in which column have value greater than some percent of total file lines

i have a file in following format 1 32 3 4 6 4 4 45 1 45 4 61 54 66 4 5 65 51 56 65 1 12 32 85 now here the total number of lines are 8(they vary each time) Now i want to select only those lines in which the values... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete blank lines, if blank lines are more than one using shell

Hi, Consider a file named "testfile" The contents of file are as below first line added for test second line added for test third line added for test fourth line added for test fifth line added for test (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil8103
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

select the lines in between some time span

Hi Everyone ! i want to take all the lines from a file that falls in between some date... and every line in a file has a time stamp.. ---some text---- 01/Jan/2010 ---- some other text ---- ---some text---- 10/Jan/2010 ---- some other text ---- ---some text---- 20/Dec/2010 ---- some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_newbie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete lines above a certin line number in bash shell

Hi, I have written a script that returns the line number of the pattern i want and i stored the line number in a variable(getlinenumber).Now i want to delete all the lines in a file above this line number which is stored in a variable. i am using sed '1,$getlinenumberd' > file1.txt which is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learninguser235
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete lines above a certin line number in bash shell

Hi, I have written a script that returns the line number of the pattern i want and i stored the line number in a variable.Now i want to delete all the lines in a file above this line number which is stored in a variable. i am using sed '1,$getlinenumberd' > file1.txt which is not working(wrog... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learninguser235
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select lines where at least x columns above threshold value

I have a file with 20 columns. I'd like to retain only the lines for which the values in at least x columns, looking only at columns 6-20, are above a threshold. For example, I'd like to retain only the lines in the file below that have at least 8 columns (again, looking only at columns 6-20)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all CONSECUTIVE text lines from file shell scripting

Hi I have a text file like below. THe content of the text will vary. Entire text file have four consecutive lines followed with blank line. I want to delete the occurrence of the two consicutive lines in the text file. I don't have pattern to match and delete. Just i need to delete all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to merge and delete lines

POLY_STATS { EqName 103_tri Id 123 act_polyCount 1 act_polyValue 0 } POLY_STATS { EqName 103_tri Id 123 pass_polyCount 2 pass_polyValue 0 } POLY_STATS { EqName 103 Id 123 mes_polyCount 2 mes_polyValue 0 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jag02
5 Replies
CREATE TABLE 
AS(7) SQL Commands CREATE TABLE AS(7) NAME
CREATE TABLE AS - create a new table from the results of a query SYNOPSIS
CREATE [ [ LOCAL ] { TEMPORARY | TEMP } ] TABLE table_name [ (column_name [, ...] ) ] AS query DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLE AS creates a table and fills it with data computed by a SELECT command. The table columns have the names and data types asso- ciated with the output columns of the SELECT (except that you can override the column names by giving an explicit list of new column names). CREATE TABLE AS bears some resemblance to creating a view, but it is really quite different: it creates a new table and evaluates the query just once to fill the new table initially. The new table will not track subsequent changes to the source tables of the query. In contrast, a view re-evaluates its defining SELECT statement whenever it is queried. PARAMETERS
[LOCAL] TEMPORARY or [LOCAL] TEMP If specified, the table is created as a temporary table. Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] for details. table_name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to be created. column_name The name of a column in the new table. Multiple column names can be specified using a comma-delimited list of column names. If col- umn names are not provided, they are taken from the output column names of the query. query A query statement (that is, a SELECT command). Refer to SELECT [select(7)] for a description of the allowed syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] and SELECT [select(7)] for a summary of possible output messages. NOTES
This command is functionally equivalent to SELECT INTO [select_into(7)], but it is preferred since it is less likely to be confused with other uses of the SELECT ... INTO syntax. COMPATIBILITY
This command is modeled after an Oracle feature. There is no command with equivalent functionality in SQL92 or SQL99. However, a combina- tion of CREATE TABLE and INSERT ... SELECT can accomplish the same thing with little more effort. HISTORY
The CREATE TABLE AS command has been available since PostgreSQL 6.3. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)], CREATE VIEW [create_view(l)], SELECT [select(l)], SELECT INTO [select_into(l)] SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 CREATE TABLE AS(7)