Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SNMP syntax question
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SNMP syntax question Post 302546219 by felbvts on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 04:45:44 PM
Old 08-10-2011
Thanks

I've seen that before and I dont feel like it fully answers my question

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax question

Hi there could someone explain what is happening in the following function/statement for me, im just a little confused code = 'BEGIN{FS=","} { printf ("%-11s,%s%s%s,%07.2f,%14s,%-3s\n",$1,substr($2,9,2),substr($2,6,2),substr($ 2,3,2),$9,$10,$12) } this function is called later in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmp question

Anyone know how to retrieve the configuration files from Cisco 2500 routers using snmp? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Piping syntax question

There are are lots of examples of piping output FROM the 'ls' command TO another command, but how does one pipe output TO the 'ls -l' command? For example, use 'which' to find a file, then use 'ls -l' to view the permissions, groups, etc. in a single step: which <filename> | ls -l returns... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johne1
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax question

Hi I use awk command to delete the first blanc line of a file: awk '/^$/ && !f{f=1;next}1' infile > outfile can somebody please explain me what the last "1'" in !f{f=1;next}1' stands for... Thansk a lot -A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Sending data from DELL OMSA SNMP and Custom SNMP MIB to same UDP port 161

Hi , Currently DELL OMSA SNMP sends data through default udp port 161.I want my custom SNMP MIB also to send data in the same udp port 161.Whether its possible.If yes where to configure .I tried starting my custom MIB in udp port 161,but it throws port already in use.Kindly guide. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabakar4all
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Sending data from DELL OMSA SNMP and Custom SNMP MIB to same UDP port 161

Hi , Currently DELL OMSA SNMP sends data through default udp port 161.I want my custom SNMP MIB also to send data in the same udp port 161.Whether its possible.If yes where to configure .I tried starting my custom MIB in udp port 161,but it throws port already in use.Kindly guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabakar4all
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar -C syntax question

I am writing a perl script to tar multiple files (in unix) from a given directory to a given output directory. I do NOT want the file path included in the tar, so I've flagged the -C option. Example: tar -cvf tar/1.tar -C htmp/source/ 1-1-1.xml However, I need to do this for a number of target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michanjohns
3 Replies

8. Programming

Perl syntax question

Hallo everybody, I have a following problem - I'm doing a map funciont to fill in a HTML table and I want to use some radiobutton groups. Unfortunatelly, they are grouped by names, so I have to add some "counter" that will divide one row from another, and I'm using CGI.pm for generating the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duskos
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to transfer all kernel logs (var/log/messages) to the snmp listener as snmp trap

i am working with embedded system -Dell DCS management sub system. my question is as below: currently we are using linux kernel 2.6.30 build and we have a kernel logs stored to the /var/log/messages path. now we have to transfer all this logs to the specified SNMP target as a part of SNMP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipul_prajapati
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question regarding quotation syntax

Hey guys, my first post on UNIX Forums(much overdue IMO)! I've got this bit of code that doesn't seem to be working correctly for an Android app I'm working on: "screen -S gmod1 -p 0 -X stuff " & "" & command.text & "`echo -ne '\015'`""" Basically it types command.text(variable determined... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stingwraith
4 Replies
KEEPALIVED(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     KEEPALIVED(8)

NAME
keepalived - load-balancing and high-availability service SYNOPSIS
keepalived [-f|--use-file=FILE] [-P|--vrrp] [-C|--check] [-l|--log-console] [-D|--log-detail] [-S|--log-facility={0-7}] [-V|--dont-release-vrrp] [-I|--dont-release-ipvs] [-R|--dont-respawn] [-n|--dont-fork] [-d|--dump-conf] [-p|--pid=FILE] [-r|--vrrp_pid=FILE] [-c|--checkers_pid=FILE] [-v|--version] [-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
Keepalived provides simple and robust facilities for load-balancing and high-availability. The load-balancing framework relies on well-known and widely used Linux Virtual Server (IPVS) kernel module providing Layer4 load-balancing. Keepalived implements a set of checkers to dynamically and adaptively maintain and manage load-balanced server pool according their health. Keepalived also implements the VRRPv2 protocol to achieve high-availability with director failover. OPTIONS
-f, --use-file=FILE Use the specified configuration file. The default configuration file is "/etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf". -P, --vrrp Only run the VRRP subsystem. This is useful for configurations that do not use IPVS load balancer. -C, --check Only run the healthcheck subsystem. This is useful for configurations that use the IPVS load balancer with a single director with no failover. -l, --log-console Log messages to the local console. The default behavior is to log messages to syslog. -D, --log-detail Detailed log messages. -S, --log-facility=[0-7] Set syslog facility to LOG_LOCAL[0-7]. The default syslog facility is LOG_DAEMON. -V, --dont-release-vrrp Don't remove VRRP VIPs and VROUTEs on daemon stop. The default behavior is to remove all VIPs and VROUTEs when keepalived exits -I, --dont-release-ipvs Don't remove IPVS topology on daemon stop. The default behavior it to remove all entries from the IPVS virtual server table on when keepalived exits. -R, --dont-respawn Don't respawn child processes. The default behavior is to restart the VRRP and checker processes if either process exits. -n, --dont-fork Don't fork the daemon process. This option will cause keepalived to run in the foreground. -d, --dump-conf Dump the configuration data. -p, --pid=FILE Use specified pidfile for parent keepalived process. The default pidfile for keepalived is "/var/run/keepalived.pid". -r, --vrrp_pid=FILE Use specified pidfile for VRRP child process. The default pidfile for the VRRP child process is "/var/run/keepalived_vrrp.pid". -c, --checkers_pid=FILE Use specified pidfile for checkers child process. The default pidfile for the checker child process is "/var/run/keepalived_checkers.pid". -v, --version Display the version and exit. -h, --help Display this help message and exit. SEE ALSO
keepalived.conf(5), ipvsadm(8) AUTHOR
This man page was written by Ryan O'Hara <rohara@redhat.com> November 2012 KEEPALIVED(8)