Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Telnet access is not available anymore Post 302546140 by DGPickett on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 12:28:27 PM
Old 08-10-2011
telnet has an escape character for a command mode where you can kill it.

Which host is which ps and log from, telent client or target server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet access

i'm having trouble enabling telnet access to my suse linux machine. i can ssh to my machine just fine, but when i try to telnet i get a "connection refused" error. how can i fix this? okay, -nydel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nydel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User Access Problem: Via Telnet or even Console

Just took over a UNIX Server from someone who left our company. Having problems with access by some existing users as well as new users. I get the following message from telnet sessions, when attempting access at the "Login:" prompt: "UX:in.login:ERRO: Login incorrect" "telnetd:Unable to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vincent Garcia
2 Replies

3. AIX

cant telnet to aix 5.2 and not even access through serial console

I have installed aix 5.2 on aix box through serial console connected to COM 1 . I even get a login prompt after the fresh installation . But as soon as i give a root & enter i again get a login prompt.i..e I am not able to logon after a fresh installation. and even i configured IP configuration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxnightowl84
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I access to my server via Telnet

I use server Unix with AIX 5.2. I can't telnet to server about 5 mn, then i can access to server via telnet. This problem have again and again. Sometime can, sometime can't. I dont know why? Do you have any idea? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SENG
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to stop telnet access to AIX box

how do I remove telnet access to my AIX (5.3) machine? I just want people (admins) to connect to the box using ssh? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbrickell
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

telnet access

How do I enable telnet user access, meaning that I would allow telnet access only to particular username? thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Force user to use ssh/prevent telnet access

I have just set up a user on our system HP-Thru64. The user needs to be able to su to root after they login and this works fine. Users cannot login from root externally so you have to first connect as a user and then su. I am wondering is it possible for me to prevent the user from having telnet... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peragin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i access db2 instance via telnet command prompt

Hi I have a perl script code in which connecting with db2 database and doing some process. My perl script code and db2 database server present in the same unix server. I am connecting and executing perl script code via windows telnet. Now my question is i could not able to connect db2 server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
4 Replies

9. SCO

how to give Telnet access

Hello, I have recently taken over administration of a Sco Unixware server (Version 7.1.4), but have no previous experience with Unix. I now have the following problem: Most computers on the network are unable to Telnet to the Unix server but some PCs with privileged users can, which is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke75
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't access network interfaces anymore [Kinda urgent]

Hello, I've bought an semi-dedicated (cloud computing) server, but yesterday I had to change my IP, so I tried this with PuTTY: Went to /etc/network/interfaces And changed iface eth0 inet static To iface eth0 inet dhcp Hoping to get an dynamic IP Then I restarted my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lukinhasb
5 Replies
RLOGIN(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 RLOGIN(1)

NAME
rlogin -- remote login SYNOPSIS
rlogin [-8EKLdx] [-e char] [-l username] host DESCRIPTION
Rlogin starts a terminal session on a remote host host. The standard Berkeley rhosts authorization mechanism is used. The options are as follows: -8 The -8 option allows an eight-bit input data path at all times; otherwise parity bits are stripped except when the remote side's stop and start characters are other than ^S/^Q . -E The -E option stops any character from being recognized as an escape character. When used with the -8 option, this provides a com- pletely transparent connection. -L The -L option allows the rlogin session to be run in ``litout'' (see tty(4)) mode. -d The -d option turns on socket debugging (see setsockopt(2)) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. -e The -e option allows user specification of the escape character, which is ``~'' by default. This specification may be as a literal character, or as an octal value in the form nn. A line of the form ``<escape char>.'' disconnects from the remote host. Similarly, the line ``<escape char>^Z'' will suspend the rlogin ses- sion, and ``<escape char><delayed-suspend char>'' suspends the send portion of the rlogin, but allows output from the remote system. By default, the tilde (``~'') character is the escape character, and normally control-Y (``^Y'') is the delayed-suspend character. All echoing takes place at the remote site, so that (except for delays) the rlogin is transparent. Flow control via ^S/^Q and flushing of input and output on interrupts are handled properly. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by rlogin: TERM Determines the user's terminal type. SEE ALSO
rsh(1), HISTORY
The rlogin command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
Rlogin will be replaced by telnet(1) in the near future. More of the environment should be propagated. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)