Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Determine previous time in minutes Post 302545685 by oldman2 on Tuesday 9th of August 2011 07:58:30 AM
Old 08-09-2011
I was hoping for something a little cleaner. This is an on demand script I am writing that will parse logs and display just the latest status. Any other ideas? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adding # minutes to current time...

Hi all, Looking for a way to add lets say 10 minutes to the current time output should look like 7:15 AM or 7:15 PM. I know that gdate could do this for me but unfortunately its not available on the system I'm working on. So if any one know any way I can accomplish this using the date command it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gptavares
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the time before 30 minutes

Hi All, I want to find out the time before 30 minutes. I am able to do with in hours limit. date Fri Aug 21 06:50:00 BST 2009 TZ=CST+1 date Fri Aug 21 04:50:02 CST 2009 Can any one please help me (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikash_k
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process Time in hours or minutes only

Hi i want to print the time of a process in hours only..(or) in minutes only.Is there anyway to print the process such like that when i give the commnand like following #ps -eo pid,time PID TIME 412 01:49:32 481 00:03 it shows in HH:MM:SS format: Could anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

subtract minutes from time

i have the time 20100421043335 in format (date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S),and i want to be able to get the previous time 2 minutes ago,which is 20100421043135 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep the time within given minutes

Mar 26 15:25:11 : jdoe : TTY=pts/2 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/su - Mar 26 15:28:52 : jdoe : 3 incorrect password attempts ; TTY=pts/2 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/su - Mar 25 12:23:07 : jdoe : TTY=pts/2 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ; USER=root ; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the previous 5 minutes

Hi I need to get the previous 5 minutes from the currnet time as given below. Please help. Current time : date +%d-%m-%Y_%H-%M output : 16-05-2012_15-05 I need the previous 5 minutes of the above output , Required output: 16-05-2012_15-04 16-05-2012_15-03... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanchana
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 24 Hr Time Format into Minutes?

Hello All I know the general Logic behind it but do not know the shell programming so much. For Example, The Time is stored in a given Variable if the Time is 0800 then i need to extract the last digits of the number and Add it to the Remaining Digit of the Number which is multiplied by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajesh
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference in minutes

Hi Folks, I have a text file that has only time in the format HH:MM:SS like seen below. 21:36:17 23:52:08 I need to find the difference in minutes alone from this text file so the result would be 136. Thanks Jay (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a time minus 60 minutes?

Hello, date --date '-60 min ago' +'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S,%3N' Above command gives the date and time minus 60 minutes but the problem i am facing is, i do not want to hardcode the value 60 it is stored in a variable var=60 now if i run below command , i get error date --date '-$var min... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramneekgupta91
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file creation Time minutes and if file older then 5 minutes execute some stuff

Hello all, Info: System RedHat 7.5 I need to create a script that based on the creation time, if the file is older then 5 minutes then execute some stuff, if not exit. I thought to get the creation time and minutes like this. CreationTime=$(stat -c %y /tmp/test.log | awk -F" " '{ print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies
FTIME(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  FTIME(3)

NAME
ftime - return date and time SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/timeb.h> int ftime(struct timeb *tp); DESCRIPTION
This function returns the current time as seconds and milliseconds since the Epoch, 1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000 (UTC). The time is returned in tp, which is declared as follows: struct timeb { time_t time; unsigned short millitm; short timezone; short dstflag; }; Here time is the number of seconds since the Epoch, and millitm is the number of milliseconds since time seconds since the Epoch. The timezone field is the local timezone measured in minutes of time west of Greenwich (with a negative value indicating minutes east of Green- wich). The dstflag field is a flag that, if nonzero, indicates that Daylight Saving time applies locally during the appropriate part of the year. POSIX.1-2001 says that the contents of the timezone and dstflag fields are unspecified; avoid relying on them. RETURN VALUE
This function always returns 0. (POSIX.1-2001 specifies, and some systems document, a -1 error return.) CONFORMING TO
4.2BSD, POSIX.1-2001. POSIX.1-2008 removes the specification of ftime(). This function is obsolete. Don't use it. If the time in seconds suffices, time(2) can be used; gettimeofday(2) gives microseconds; clock_gettime(2) gives nanoseconds but is not as widely available. BUGS
Under libc4 and libc5 the millitm field is meaningful. But early glibc2 is buggy and returns 0 there; glibc 2.1.1 is correct again. SEE ALSO
gettimeofday(2), time(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2010-02-25 FTIME(3)