Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: issues in sending mail
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers issues in sending mail Post 302545616 by pandeesh on Tuesday 9th of August 2011 02:32:51 AM
Old 08-09-2011
issues in sending mail

Hi,

i am trying the below script for sending mail.

Code:
if [ -s $sfile ]
then
count=`cat $sfile|wc -l`
echo "There are $count abends.Please take care " > body.txt
(cat body.txt;uuencode $sfile $sfile) |  mailx -s "Alert:there are failures" pandeesh@gmail.com
fi

In the mail, i am getting like:
Code:
There are       20 abends.Please take care 

There's a lot of space between 20 and are. i want it with proper spaces alignment.
Is there any way to specify the 20 in some other font or color?

And also the contents of the attachment is not in proper way.

While viewing the $sfile in unix, the contents are displaying line by line:
Code:
abc
cde
efg
hgi

But while viewing the mail attachment the contents are coming like:

Code:
abccdeefghgi

Please help me to resolve these issues?

Thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending a mail to a mail client

Hi everyone! I'm trying to create a database monitoring script that reads an alert file and sends an error message if it can 'grep' a particular string. Is there a way to send this message to a mail client using SMTP? Even better, is there any place on this site that has these kinds of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris73
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issues while sending a mail having records fetched from SQL -all in UNIX

hi-I want to write a UNIX Script which will fetch records from Oracle database.I want to store these records in a file under fields like email address,name and the transaction_id and then fetch these records from the file and send the email to individual users with their transaction ID details. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepSalwan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop sending mail after certain number of mail

Hi guys... I am busy writing a script to notify me via an mail if my application is down. I have done that. Now I want this script to stop sending mails after five mails were sent but the script should keep on checking the application. When the application is up again that count should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issues in sending mail with attachements

Hi I am using the below command to send mail from unix with body as well as attachment. But the attachment is in encoded form in the body itself. I am not receiving as attachment: (cat body_success.txt;uuencode Log.txt Log.txt)| mailx -s "success" $ToID I am receiving... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues sending emails using PostFix Mail Server

I'm unable to send email from my Linux server despite SMTP port 25 Active and Listening. # hostname TechX I checked the mail log ( /var/log/maillog ) and found the below error. I'm sharing all the ".cf" files seen in the error log. 1. # more /etc/postfix/main.cf # postfix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
0 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)