Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Commands in all caps
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Commands in all caps Post 302545547 by rdcwayx on Monday 8th of August 2011 08:03:36 PM
Old 08-08-2011
Code:
alias CHMOD='sudo chmod'

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing first letter to CAPS

Hi, I want to convert the first letter of this word from lowecase to uppercase. Assume a letter united. I want to translate to United Please let me know a simple way to do that. Thanks. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
22 Replies

2. Red Hat

Caps lock dtterm

Hello, We are having a problem with running dtterm off a RHEL server. Logging into an HP-UX server from a RHEL 5.1 desktop, setting DISPLAY and running dtterm, the caps lock does not work. We have been playing with xmodmap & stty but to no avail. Any help appreciated. mgb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgb
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Caps lock dtterm

Hello, We are having a problem with running dtterm off a RHEL server. Logging into an HP-UX server from a RHEL 5.1 desktop, setting DISPLAY and running dtterm, the caps lock does not work. We have been playing with xmodmap & stty but to no avail. Any help appreciated. mgb (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set Caps and Num lock from within X?

Hello, Not sure if this is the right place to post it but.. I have a requirement to set Caps lock and/or Num lock on and off via a Cron job. Now I have working scripts that do the job, but as soon as X starts up the jobs no longer run (well they appear to, but Caps lock and Num lock do not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: autotuner
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files with caps?

Anyone know the proper command to copy files whose names CONTAIN a capital letter to a diff location? Every time I do it I ke copying ALL the files. Here is what ive tried cp ** newlocation cp newlocation (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: losingit
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to ignore CAPS or case sensitivity?

If I'm using a program that is expecting certain filenames and directories to be all CAPS, isn't there a way to ignore this in linux/cshell scripting? I.e., similiar to ignoring spaces with " (i.e., directory is directory 1, can ignore by typing "directory 1".) ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebazon
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Caps lock problem

hi all this s quite a foolish problem. I seem to hav pressed some keys s.t in unix, my letters are comin in caps and with caps lock on, i am getting lowercase letters. :o Pls help. Also is there any reference or manual where i can check in case such problems arrise? thanx in advance curiosity (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: curiosity
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate all possible word with caps and no caps

With use of sed/awk, how can I print all possible combinations of a word with caps/non-caps. Eg Applying operation on "cap" should generate output as follows. cap CAP Cap cAp caP CAp cAP CaP (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
12 Replies
csp_helper(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						     csp_helper(1)

NAME
      csp_helper - A collection of caspar helper scripts

SYNOPSIS
      csp_install dir (directory) file (file)

csp_mkdircp dir (directory) file (file)

csp_scp_keep_mode h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

csp_sucp h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

DESCRIPTION
      The  scripts  csp_install,  csp_mkdircp,	csp_scp_keep_mode  and csp_sucp are helpers for caspar(7). These scripts typically are not invoked
      directly, but via a Makefile which uses caspar. See the notes on	csp_PUSH  in  caspar(7)  for  information  on  how  to	link  csp_install,
      csp_scp_keep_mode and csp_sucp to caspar.

install DESCRIPTION
      csp_install creates the required directory (if needed) and installs the file, preserving timestamps. It uses install(1).

install EXAMPLES
       csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS='--owner=www-data --group=www-data' 
	csp_INSTALL_MODE=ugo=r 
	csp_install /srv/www index.html

csp_INSTALL_MODE=u=rwx,go= csp_install /usr/local/sbin mkpasswd

install ENVIRONMENT
      csp_install honors csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS and csp_INSTALL_MODE (default is u=rw,go=r).

mkdircp DESCRIPTION
      csp_mkdircp calls mkdir(1) and cp(1).

scp_keep_mode DESCRIPTION
      csp_scp_keep_mode  uses  ssh to copy a file to a remote host, keeping its file permission mode. The trick used is a combination of mktemp(1)
      and mv(1).  Useful if you'd like to be sure a file gets installed e.g. group writable, without fiddling with permission bits on  the  remote
      host.

scp_keep_mode EXAMPLE
	chmod g+w rc
	csp_scp_keep_mode root@gandalf /etc/uruk rc

scp_keep_mode ENVIRONMENT
      csp_scp_keep_mode honors csp_SSH ("ssh" by default).

sucp DESCRIPTION
      csp_sucp calls cat(1) from within sudo(1) from within ssh(1). This allows one to copy files to accounts on hosts one can only reach by call-
      ing sudo on the ssh-reachable remote host.

Typically, one wants to install a root-owned file, but one does not want to allow access to the root-account directly  from  ssh.  Typically
      sudo is used as an extra line of defense.

sucp EXAMPLES
      Some examples:

csp_sucp rms@bilbo /etc fstab

csp_sucp monty-python commit/ trailer.txt

sucp BUGS
      If  NOPASSWD  is	not  set in the sudoers(5) file, and one's timestamp is expired, csp_sucp will forward the sudo password prompt. The given
      password will be echoed on the console!

AUTHOR
      Joost van Baal-Ili

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

csp_helper 20120514						      14 mai 2012						       csp_helper(1)