Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 branded zone on a Solaris 10 server Post 302545507 by soupbone38 on Monday 8th of August 2011 03:32:19 PM
Old 08-08-2011
Solaris 9 branded zone on a Solaris 10 server

I have a T5220 running Solaris 10. I have a application that can only run on Solaris 9. I want to build a branded Solaris 9 zone for this application on the Solaris 10 Server.

What steps would I need to accomplish this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Postprocess issue installing Solaris 9 Branded Zone

Hello, I am attempting to install a newly configured Solaris 9 zone using the flash archive image provided on the sun website. Each time I run the install I get a failure during the Postprocess: Creating mount points. Following is the log: Log File: /var/tmp/s9-zone.install.25457.log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Prerequisites for Solaris10 Branded Zone within Solaris 11 Express

Dear all, we are trying to install a Solaris10 Branded Zone on a Solaris 11 Express system getting this message: ***The image patch level is downrev for running in a solaris10 branded zone*** The Sparc Solaris 10 system is running Release 11/06 and Patch 119254-70 is installed. Does the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xunil321
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 local zone on Solaris 11 global zone

Hi, A quick question: Can Solaris 10 local zones be moved to a Solaris 11 global zone and work well? Thank you in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Branded Solaris 10 zone no network

I am trying to create a branded 10 zone on a Solaris 11.1 control domain. I am using a flar image (cpio) from an existing LDOM. Here are the steps taken after flarcreate. #zonecfg -z <device> >create -b >set brand=solaris10 >set zonepath=/zonez/<device> >set ip-type=exclusive >add net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
1 Replies

5. Solaris

NFS server on Solaris 10 branded zone

I am trying to get a NFS share on a Solaris 10 branded zone. I have read that this is not possible...but I was hoping someone here could tell me different. share -F nfs -o ro,anon=0 /dir This would really surprise me that you cannot do this. Thanks (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 branded zone with IPMP

All. I am trying to create a 10 branded zone on a Sol 11.1 T5. The Global is using IPMP...so aggregating is out of the question. Has anyone successfully created a branded zone with IPMP? If they have can you please show me the steps you took to get this to run. Thanks (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Branded zone Solaris 9

Hi, I want to install branded zone sol 9 in sol 10. I keep getting same error. Please advice me. Thanks. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

10. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies