Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File migration
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File migration Post 302545497 by GRIMESPACE on Monday 8th of August 2011 02:02:13 PM
Old 08-08-2011
I think I blew the request a bit... I forgot - the sequential files are sorted into coded directories - ie: SDG0001\00001.JPG, SDG0001\00002.JPG, SDG0002\00003.JPG, etc.

I see what you're getting at - would it be possible to use a comma or tab separated input file with source and destination path/filenames, as the following, which is tab-delimited:

/Users/Steve/Desktop/Source/SDG0001/00001.JPG /Users/Steve/Desktop/Dest/1979/Photo1.JPG
/Users/Steve/Desktop/Source/SDG0001/00002.JPG /Users/Steve/Desktop/Dest/1982/Photo1.JPG
/Users/Steve/Desktop/Source/SDG0002/00003.JPG /Users/Steve/Desktop/Dest/1982/Photo2.JPG

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Migration

Is it possible to migrate a UNIX program and use it in a NetWare or Windows 2000 network? I have a client that must have one of those two operating systems for the new program that they want. However, they've been using an older UNIX program for about 7 years and they want to be able to refer to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: refram
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

migration

hi, is there any tool that i can use to update my scripts (SH scripts) form Unix to linux. please mention any useful websites. thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration

Hi all, Would appreciate advise on my situation. Currently server A is in production. Server A takes in data from Server X, does some processing and send to server Y. We are going to develop a different system in server B, something like an enhanced version of A. Server A will be retired once... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file migration windows -> unix

I've spent all of my career on windows boxes and maybe 30 secs here an there with unix. Now I find myself with a project of migrating web files (html, swf, etc) from windows to unix. I know that unix is case sensitive and there can be no spaces in file/folder names. What else do I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjglass
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of users

We are about to get a new server and I need to prepare for migration to the new one. This will be my first migration so I'm sure I will be learning alot. My current server is running CentOS 4.x and I want to move to a sever running Centos 5.x , thought it would make things easier. The old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcraul
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with information on DB migration.

Dear Admin, I am new to unix platform,please i need you to tell me and send me useful tools and advice on how to migrate an oracle DB release2 to a unix platform. your urgent responce would be appreciated. Regards, Adejuwon Odugbesi. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adejuwon
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix file migration

Hi all, Is there a program that would make sense out of the data below; this is from MPAC unix system. I would like to get usable data that could be transferred into excel? Rich, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: berkmillionare
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies
Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)

NAME
Desktop::Notify::Notification - a notification object for the desktop notifications framework VERSION
Version 0.03 SYNOPSIS
# $notify is an existing Desktop::Notify object my $note = $notify->create(summary => 'Rebuilding FooBar', body => 'Progress: 10%'); $note->show; ... # Update the notification later $note->body('Progress: 20%'); $note->show; ... # Take it off the screen $note->close; DESCRIPTION
Desktop notification objects are represented as objects of this class. They are created by a Desktop::Notify object. Displaying, closing, and modifying the notification is done by using methods in this class. METHODS
new $notify, %params This is called internally by Desktop::Notify to create a new notification object. show Display the notification on the screen. If this notification had previously been shown and not closed yet, it will replace the existing notification. Show can be called multiple times on the same notification, probably with attribute changes between calls, and later show calls will cause the server to seamlessly replace the existing notification. close Close the notification if it is already being displayed. ATTRIBUTES
The following parameters can be set when creating the object or later modified using accessors (descriptions are from the specification at <http://www.galago-project.org/specs/notification/0.9/x408.html>) summary The summary text briefly describing the notification. body The optional detailed body text. Can be empty. timeout The timeout time in milliseconds since the display of the notification at which the notification should automatically close. If -1, the notification's expiration time is dependent on the notification server's settings, and may vary for the type of notification. If 0, never expire. The following extra parameters are included in the specification but not supported by Desktop::Notify at this time app_icon The optional program icon of the calling application. actions Actions are sent over as a list of pairs. Each even element in the list (starting at index 0) represents the identifier for the action. Each odd element in the list is the localized string that will be displayed to the user. hints Optional hints that can be passed to the server from the client program. perl v5.10.1 2009-12-25 Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)