Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bypass getopts errors and continue processing? Post 302544888 by yazu on Friday 5th of August 2011 10:05:03 AM
Old 08-05-2011
Please when asking about shell programming specify your system, the first line of your script, shell you use, version of your shell, and give a working (or not working but full) example of your script.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I bypass the Prompt in SFTP

I am on a sun solaris server and trying to create a script that will test if SFTP is up and running on a remote server (which could be unix or windows). My thought was to simply invoke sftp and if I get the prompt ofr "Password" then that is an indication that the service is running and I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pierluigi22
2 Replies

2. Solaris

can't bypass password authentication

I can able to SFTP from my web server unix to apps server unix end. but the other way from APPS server to Web server is still asking me the password. I have done same procedure both side. still i am having same problem. Any one help on this. thanks, regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

authentication bypass vulnerability

what does it mean? I searched in google but I could not find a clear document that explain to me what does it mean. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

4. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Division By Zero Bypass

Hi Friends, I don't understand why "a" is always being printed as zero, when I execute the following command. awk '{if($6||$8||$10||$12==0)a=b=c=d=0;else (a=$5/$6);(b=$7/$8);(c=$9/$10);(d=$11/$12); {print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
6 Replies

6. Programming

Need program to continue even when encountering errors

I am writing a program, and want to have the option for the program to continue execution even should things go wrong. I use an option --ignore-errors. The problem is what I do when an error occurs, set the values to zero, or fill them up with some values, for example taken from a simple unit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Bypass stale PE ?

Hello, I have an ancient HP-UX 11.11 system where I have a logical volume marked stale and I can't get it sync'd. I have tried lvsync and lvreduce/lvextend to no avail. It is just one 4Mb PE on the disk that I can't get current. # lvdisplay -v /dev/vg00/lvol5 | grep stale LV Status ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: port43
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continue Processing after a signal is caught

Is it possible to continue after signal is caught and control goes to function specified in the trap statement? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bypass crontab??

Hi there. I've put something in crontab that my raspberry doesn't like, it's trying to draw a window before the graphics are ready after login. Problem being after the error it throws me back to the login, so I can't log in. There is only one user setup on this raspberry so I can't log in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
6 Replies
PWD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd -- return working directory name SYNOPSIS
pwd [-LP] DESCRIPTION
The pwd utility writes the absolute pathname of the current working directory to the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin pwd command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The options are as follows: -L Display the logical current working directory. -P Display the physical current working directory (all symbolic links resolved). If no options are specified, the -P option is assumed. ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables used by pwd: PWD Logical current working directory. DIAGNOSTICS
The pwd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. STANDARDS
The pwd utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). SEE ALSO
builtin(1), cd(1), csh(1), sh(1), getcwd(3) BUGS
In csh(1) the command dirs is always faster because it is built into that shell. However, it can give a different answer in the rare case that the current directory or a containing directory was moved after the shell descended into it. The -L option does not work unless the PWD environment variable is exported by the shell. BSD
February 4, 2002 BSD