Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Device eth0 issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Device eth0 issue Post 302544870 by Duffs22 on Friday 5th of August 2011 09:21:22 AM
Old 08-05-2011
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback however I have already downloaded the latest Broadcom driver for the card I am using from the Broadcom website for RHEL5.4 (bnx2x ver 6) and it made no difference. I downgraded to the current version (ver 5) also just to see if it would make a difference. It originally had ver 4 installed.

In both cases the module installed successfully and could be seen from both the "ethtool -i" command and /librarymodules/<KVER>/drivers/net/bnx2x.ko.

R,
D.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Eth err: "3c501 device eth0 does not seem to be present"

HI, When I do 'service network restart' , I am getting the following error. "3c501 device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization" Can any one suggest me the cause/solution for this? When I do 'lspci' it is showing the ehternet card as " Ethernet controller"Marvell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
2 Replies

2. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Global device issue in sun cluster3.2

In my 2 node cluster (sun cluster3.2) running on x86 VMs. One of my nodes VM1 does not have the global devices populated due to which i cannot failover my file system to node VM1 , what could be the reason for this and how can i rectify it ? VM1:/>cd /dev/global -bash: cd: /dev/global: No... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
BWN(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    BWN(4)

NAME
bwn -- Broadcom BCM43xx IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device siba_bwn device bwn device wlan device wlan_amrr device firmware Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_bwn_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The bwn driver provides support for Broadcom BCM43xx based PCI/CardBus network adapters. It supports station and monitor mode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on configur- ing this device, see ifconfig(8). This driver requires firmware to be loaded before it will work. The ports/net/bwn-firmware-kmod port needs to be installed before ifconfig(8) will work. Most cases you need to use bwn_v4_ucode module but if you are a LP (low power) PHY user please uses bwn_v4_lp_ucode module. HARDWARE
The bwn driver supports Broadcom BCM43xx based wireless devices, including: Card Chip Bus Standard Apple Airport Extreme BCM4306 PCI b/g Apple Airport Extreme BCM4318 PCI b/g ASUS WL-138g BCM4318 PCI b/g Buffalo WLI-CB-G54S BCM4318 CardBus b/g Buffalo WLI-PCI-G54S BCM4306 PCI b/g Compaq R4035 onboard BCM4306 PCI b/g Dell Wireless 1470 BCM4318 Mini PCI b/g Dell Truemobile 1400 BCM4309 Mini PCI b/g HP nx6125 BCM4319 PCI b/g Linksys WPC54G Ver 3 BCM4318 CardBus b/g Linksys WPC54GS Ver 2 BCM4318 CardBus b/g TRENDnet TEW-401PCplus BCM4306 CardBus b/g US Robotics 5411 BCM4318 CardBus b/g EXAMPLES
Join an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point): ifconfig wlan create wlandev bwn0 inet 192.168.0.20 netmask 0xffffff00 Join a specific BSS network with network name ``my_net'': ifconfig wlan create wlandev bwn0 ssid my_net up Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption: ifconfig wlan create wlandev bwn0 ssid my_net wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up SEE ALSO
arp(4), cardbus(4), intro(4), pci(4), wlan(4), wlan_amrr(4), ifconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8) HISTORY
The bwn driver first appeared in FreeBSD 8.1. AUTHORS
The bwn driver was written by Weongyo Jeong <weongyo@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
February 25, 2010 BSD