Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing a shell script containing awk commands Post 302544838 by misb on Friday 5th of August 2011 07:54:01 AM
Old 08-05-2011
Executing a shell script containing awk commands

Hi All,

I am trying to execute a shell script containg awk commands. But unable to do so. Below is my script. Please help.

The name of the script is scan.sh and I have tried executing it using the command sh scan.sh

It is giving an error which reads like:
awk:syntax error near line 7
awk:illegal statement near line 7

Code:
#!/bin/sh
set -x
cd /na/z05/app/zone
touch -t 201108050001 temp
find . -name *.rpt -newer temp -print | head -1 | xargs head -1 > ../Out.txt
find . -name *.rpt -newer temp -exec tail +2 {} \; >> ../Out.txt
cut -d',' -f 7,1,8 < ../Out.txt > ../Out1.txt
rm temp

awk '
BEGIN { FS="," }
{       
 FORMAT="%-10s%-8s%-8s%-8s%s\n"       
 {printf FORMAT,"PaymentDate","Count-LifeConsChecks","Count-PcClaimChecks1","Sum-AmountLC","Sum-AmntPC"}  
 }
{  n[$2]++   
C0_[$2] += ($1 == "LifeConsChecks" ? 1 : 0)  
S0_[$2] += ($1 == "LifeConsChecks" ? $NF : 0)   
C1_[$2] += ($1 == "PcClaimChecks1" ? 1 : 0)   
S1_[$2] += ($1 == "PcClaimChecks1" ? $NF : 0)
}
END {   
     for (i in n) {     
    printf FORMAT,i,C0_[i],S0_[i],C1_[i],S1_[i]   
}
}' < ../Out1.txt  > ../Out2.txt

Last edited by pludi; 08-05-2011 at 11:25 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute shell commands in awk script?

Greetings Friends, Suppose I wish to invoke some shell level commands inside an awk script how to do that? say I wish to use : "wc" on a record to count number of characters in a record Any clues? Thanks, Rishi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt on Executing unix commands in script

How can I execute the unix command "cd - Change directory" command, so that my command prompt should be reflected for that change. Example : Now you are in your home directory i.e /home/naresh and you have some sub directory called unixinfo in your home directory. i want to write a script,so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naresh Kumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing TL1 commands through script

HI , I have to write a script for some testing , which will telnet to a device and execute some TL1 commands.. Does any one knows how to execute TL1 commands through a script Thanks in advance Binu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msbinu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing commands in child shell

I have to execute some commands after executing one command ( cleartool setview Tagname) Problem is that I write commands in script like this. echo "test1" cleartool setview tagname echo "test2" copy file1 file2 echo "test3" but when I execute script. Output --------- test1 If I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udaykishore
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing commands through shell variable

Hey there, I am trying to pass a command as argument to a function. The command shows up in $1. Now I want to execute this command, but if I do a $1 ./sample "bla/blaprintf: warning: ignoring excess arguments, starting with `bla/bla' The code is : #!/bin/ksh fn() { $1 } fn... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriyer
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to stay in remote shell after executing commands in ssh?

the ssh calling convention: ssh <server> If I put commands in the section, ssh will execute them immediately after logging in and return to local shell. I want to stay in the remote shell after executing these commands. How can I achieve this? Thanks for all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hplonlien
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

What are different ways of executing shell commands?

I am a student in BCIT in vancouver and taking comp2771 course.(Shell scripting). I would like to know what are different ways of executing shell commands? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adam25ca
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands not executing after FTP in shell script

Hello In the shell script we have a FTP command like below ftp -n -v -q winftp.principal.com >/infa/datafiles/GRP/Scripts/ftp_from_infa_dvcn.log<<END_SCRIPT   quote USER $FTP_USER quote PASS $FTP_PASS ascii lcd $FTP_LOCALDIR cd $FTP_FLDR put $FTP_FILE   bye exit If i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble executing piped shell commands in perl code

I am trying to execute a piped combination of shell commands inside a perl program. However, it is not working as desired. This is my program, i am trying to print only filenames from the output of ls -l $ cat list_test #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; my $count=0; my @list=`ls -l|awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple ssh commands inside a shell simultaneously

I would like to execute a commands in four different servers through ssh at a single instance(simultaneously). Below are the details with examples, ssh user1@server1 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server2 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server3 "grep xxxx logs" Each statement will take some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)