Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sorting the Data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting the Data Post 302544747 by ckaramsetty on Thursday 4th of August 2011 11:01:22 PM
Old 08-05-2011
Sorting the Data

My actual data looks like below

i have given only format. i can't give exact data format of my requirement due to some reasons. I this set of data lines about 5000

I need to come up with information in below

exact format of my data set :
Line<space>Number1<space>"somedata":
LineNumber2:"somedata"
LineNumber3:"somedata"
LineNumber4:"somedata"

------------------------------------

ab cd "somedata1":
efgh:"somedata2"
ijkl:"somedata3"
monp:"somedata4"

ab cd "somedata5":
efgh:"somedata6"
ijkl:"somedata7"
monp:"somedata"
i need to get the ouput as

abcd efgh ijkl monop
somedata1 somedata2 somedata3 somedata4
somedata5 somedata6 somedata7 somedata8

I would happy if you i get some script which can give this info.

from my file i will need to get the 4000 lines of data.

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting blocks of data

Hello all, Below is what I am trying to accomplish: I have a file that looks like this /* ----------------- xxxx.y_abcd_00000050 ----------------- */ jdghjghkla sadgsdags asdgsdgasd asdgsagasdg /* ----------------- xxxx.y_abcd_00000055 ----------------- */ sdgsdg sdgxcvzxcbv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting data from who by IP

Hello. I have an RS/6000 running AIX 4 and I need to be able to see if there are any users that are logged on more than once from the same terminal so I can kick them off to make room for other terminals. 64 connections is the limit. Currently I am doing this: who | more and then manually... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL data - sorting

Hello, I have a page where multiple fields and their values are displayed. But I am able to sort only a few fields. When I looked into the issue, it is seen that the for each row of info , an unique id is generated and id.txt is generated and saved. Only those fields which are inside that id.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data from a to z

Hi, Let's say I have these 3 columns; NGC1234 6 9 SL899 4 1 NGC1075 8 3 SL709 5 2 And I want to sort the data according to the first column (from a to z) like having them as: NGC1075 8 3 NGC1234 6 9 SL709 5 2 SL899 4 1 Can that be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Data Sorting Command

Hi, I have a problem on data sorting, example my file as below: 123 123/789 aaa bbb ccc ddd (adf) 112 112/123 aaa bbb ccc (ade) 102 1a3/7g9 (adf)03 110 12b/129 aaa bbb ccc ddd fff(a8f)03 117 42f/8c9 aaa bbb ccc ddd (adf) 142 120/tyu fff... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 793589
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data

Hello guys. I need help figuring this one out. It's probably really easy. Thanks in advance! I have a file say for example containing this: Rice Food Carrots Food Beans Food Plates Kitchen Fork Kitchen Knives Kitchen I need: Food Rice, Carrots, Beans Kitchen Plates, Fork,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: visuelz
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Data Sorting

Hi All, I have a long list made of 4 columns containing entries such as the following example: a b c d 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 2 2 5 3 4 3 8 4 6 4 10 9 8 5 15 8 10So the top row is the header and I need to arrange the data in a way as to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the data with date

Hi, PFB the data: C_Random_130417 Java_Random_130518 Perl_Random_120519 Perl_Random_120528 so the values are ending with year,i.e.,130417 i want to sort the values with date. i want the output like this: Perl_Random_120519 Perl_Random_120528 C_Random_130417 Java_Random_130518 can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How AS 400 sorting data?

Hi Gurus, I have a requests to sort data based on AS 400 sorting order. below is example: the data is sorted by ascending order. could anybody explain how AS 400 sort data? IMM00007 07918607 1242 423 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
3 Replies
srec_signetics(5)						File Formats Manual						 srec_signetics(5)

NAME
srec_signetics - Signetics file format DESCRIPTION
The Signetics file format is not often used. The major disadvantage in modern applications is that the addressing range is limited to only 64kb. Records All data lines are called records, and each record contains the following 5 fields: +--+------+----+----+----+----+ |: | aaaa | cc | as | dd | ss | The field are defined as follows: +--+------+----+----+----+----+ : Every record starts with this identifier. aaaa The address field. A four digit (2 byte) number representing the first address to be used by this record. cc The byte-count. A two digit value (1 byte), counting the actual data bytes in the record. as Address checksum. Covers 2 address bytes and the byte count. dd The actual data of this record. There can be 1 to 255 data bytes per record (see cc) ss Data Checksum. Covers only all the data bytes of this record. Record Begin Every record begins with a colon ":[rq] character. Records contain only ASCII characters. No spaces or tabs are allowed in a record. In fact, apart from the 1st colon, no other characters than 0..9 and A..F are allowed in a record. Interpretation of a record should be case less, it does not matter if you use a..f or A..F. Unfortunately the colon was chosen for the Signetics file format, similar to the Intel format (see srec_intel(5) for more information). However, SRecord is able to automatically detect the dofference between the two format, when you use the -Guess format specifier. Address Field This is the address where the first data byte of the record should be stored. After storing that data byte, the address is incremented by 1 to point to the address for the next data byte of the record. And so on, until all data bytes are stored. The address is represented by a 4 digit hex number (2 bytes), with the MSD first. The order of addresses in the records of a file is not important. The file may also contain address gaps, to skip a portion of unused memory. Byte Count The byte count cc counts the actual data bytes in the current record. Usually records have 32 data bytes, but any number between 1 and 255 is possible. A value of 0x00 for cc indicates the end of the file. In this case not even the address checksum will follow! The record (and file) are terminated immediately. It is not recommended to send too many data bytes in a record for that may increase the transmission time in case of errors. Also avoid sending only a few data bytes per record, because the address overhead will be too heavy in comparison to the payload. Address Checksum This is not really a checksum anymore, it looks more like a CRC. The checksum can not only detect errors in the values of the bytes, but also bytes out of order can be detected. The checksum is calculated by this algorithm: checksum = 0 for i = 1 to 3 checksum = checkum XOR byte ROL checksum next i For the Address Checksum we only need 2 Address bytes and 1 Byte Count byte to be added. That's why we count to 3 in the loop. Every byte is XORed with the previous result. Then the intermediate result is rolled left (carry rolls back into b0). This results in a very reliable checksum, and that for only 3 bytes! The last record of the file does not contain any checksums! So the file ends right after the Byte Count of 0. Data Field The payload of the record is formed by the Data field. The number of data bytes expected is given by the Byte Count field. The last record of the file may not contain a Data field. Data Checksum This checksum uses the same algorithm as used for the Address Checksum. This time we calculate the checksum with only the data bytes of this record. checksum = 0 for i = 1 to cc checksum = checksum XOR byte ROL checksum next i Note that we count to the Byte Count cc this time. Size Multiplier In general, binary data will expand in sized by approximately 2.4 times when represented with this format. EXAMPLE
Here is an example Signetics file :B00010A5576F77212044696420796F75207265617B :B01010E56C6C7920676F207468726F756768206136 :B02010256C6C20746861742074726F75626C652068 :B0300D5F746F207265616420746869733FD1 :B03D00 In the example above you can see a piece of code in Signetics format. The first 3 lines have 16 bytes of data each, which can be seen by the byte count. The 4th line has only 13 bytes, because the program is at it's end there. Notice that the last record of the file contains no data bytes, and not even an Address Checksum. SEE ALSO
http://sbprojects.fol.nl/knowledge/fileformats/signetics.htm AUTHOR
This man page was taken from the above Web page. It was written by San Bergmans <sanmail@bigfoot.com> Reference Manual SRecord srec_signetics(5)