Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sorting the Data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting the Data Post 302544747 by ckaramsetty on Thursday 4th of August 2011 11:01:22 PM
Old 08-05-2011
Sorting the Data

My actual data looks like below

i have given only format. i can't give exact data format of my requirement due to some reasons. I this set of data lines about 5000

I need to come up with information in below

exact format of my data set :
Line<space>Number1<space>"somedata":
LineNumber2:"somedata"
LineNumber3:"somedata"
LineNumber4:"somedata"

------------------------------------

ab cd "somedata1":
efgh:"somedata2"
ijkl:"somedata3"
monp:"somedata4"

ab cd "somedata5":
efgh:"somedata6"
ijkl:"somedata7"
monp:"somedata"
i need to get the ouput as

abcd efgh ijkl monop
somedata1 somedata2 somedata3 somedata4
somedata5 somedata6 somedata7 somedata8

I would happy if you i get some script which can give this info.

from my file i will need to get the 4000 lines of data.

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting blocks of data

Hello all, Below is what I am trying to accomplish: I have a file that looks like this /* ----------------- xxxx.y_abcd_00000050 ----------------- */ jdghjghkla sadgsdags asdgsdgasd asdgsagasdg /* ----------------- xxxx.y_abcd_00000055 ----------------- */ sdgsdg sdgxcvzxcbv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting data from who by IP

Hello. I have an RS/6000 running AIX 4 and I need to be able to see if there are any users that are logged on more than once from the same terminal so I can kick them off to make room for other terminals. 64 connections is the limit. Currently I am doing this: who | more and then manually... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL data - sorting

Hello, I have a page where multiple fields and their values are displayed. But I am able to sort only a few fields. When I looked into the issue, it is seen that the for each row of info , an unique id is generated and id.txt is generated and saved. Only those fields which are inside that id.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data from a to z

Hi, Let's say I have these 3 columns; NGC1234 6 9 SL899 4 1 NGC1075 8 3 SL709 5 2 And I want to sort the data according to the first column (from a to z) like having them as: NGC1075 8 3 NGC1234 6 9 SL709 5 2 SL899 4 1 Can that be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Data Sorting Command

Hi, I have a problem on data sorting, example my file as below: 123 123/789 aaa bbb ccc ddd (adf) 112 112/123 aaa bbb ccc (ade) 102 1a3/7g9 (adf)03 110 12b/129 aaa bbb ccc ddd fff(a8f)03 117 42f/8c9 aaa bbb ccc ddd (adf) 142 120/tyu fff... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 793589
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data

Hello guys. I need help figuring this one out. It's probably really easy. Thanks in advance! I have a file say for example containing this: Rice Food Carrots Food Beans Food Plates Kitchen Fork Kitchen Knives Kitchen I need: Food Rice, Carrots, Beans Kitchen Plates, Fork,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: visuelz
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Data Sorting

Hi All, I have a long list made of 4 columns containing entries such as the following example: a b c d 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 2 2 5 3 4 3 8 4 6 4 10 9 8 5 15 8 10So the top row is the header and I need to arrange the data in a way as to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the data with date

Hi, PFB the data: C_Random_130417 Java_Random_130518 Perl_Random_120519 Perl_Random_120528 so the values are ending with year,i.e.,130417 i want to sort the values with date. i want the output like this: Perl_Random_120519 Perl_Random_120528 C_Random_130417 Java_Random_130518 can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How AS 400 sorting data?

Hi Gurus, I have a requests to sort data based on AS 400 sorting order. below is example: the data is sorted by ascending order. could anybody explain how AS 400 sort data? IMM00007 07918607 1242 423 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
3 Replies
cldump(1)							   User Manuals 							 cldump(1)

NAME
cldump - Clarion database extractor SYNOPSIS
cldump [options] database.dat DESCRIPTION
cldump extracts the data contained in a Clarion database; Clarion is a Windows IDE similar to Delphi or others, and has its own (simple) database format. cldump can extract the data contained in such a database, and export it to CSV, SQL (including the database schema, keys and indexes) or its own format (this format will give you all the meta information, but isn't easily parsable). A Clarion database consists in a set of files : .DAT files contain the data, .Kxx files contain the key/index data, .MEM files contain the memo entries associated to the data. OPTIONS
-x n, --decrypt n Decrypt an encrypted file. Required argument n indicates the location where the key will be retrieved. Valid values are in the range 1 - 4 inclusive. n = 1 usually works. Decryption happens in-place so KEEP A BACKUP as there is no guarantee the decryption process won't fail. Encrypted files must be decrypted before they can be dumped. Note that only the data file and the memo file are decrypted in this process; key/index files are left untouched as cldump doesn't use them. -d, --dump-active Dump active entries only -D, --dump-data Dump the actual data (active and deleted entries) -m, --dump-meta Dump meta information (no SQL or CSV output format exist for this option) -f c, --field-separator c Set the field separator to character c. Only valid for CSV output (see below). -c, --csv Dump data or schema in CSV format -S, --sql Dump data or schema in SQL format -s, --schema Dump database schema -M, --mysql Use MySQL specific construct (backticks, ...) -n, --no-memo Do not dump memo entries -U[charset], --utf8[=charset] Transcode strings and memos from charset to UTF-8 (charset defaults to ISO8859-1; for the list of supported charsets, see iconv --list) OUTPUT
cldump outputs the data to stdout or stderr depending on the output format selected, the data to extract and the type of the data (data, meta data). BUGS
The SQL output could be improved. Not all the types supported by the Clarion database format are implemented yet (due to lack of test data- bases using these types of data); see the source code for details. Please report bugs to jb@jblache.org; if possible, please send patches as the set of test databases I have is very limited. AUTHOR
cldump was written by Julien BLACHE <jb@jblache.org>. HOMEPAGE
http://www.technologeek.org/projects/cldump/ Linux November 2010 cldump(1)