Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Output of a command in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output of a command in perl Post 302544597 by ab52 on Thursday 4th of August 2011 09:39:45 AM
Old 08-04-2011
Output of a command in perl

Hi All

If i run the following command

Code:
nvidia-settings -V -q screens

I get this output

Code:
 X Screen on sutton:0

[0] sutton:0.0 (Quadro FX 4600)

Is connected to the following display devices:
        DELL 2007FP (DFP-0: 0x00010000)
        Eizo CG243W (DFP-1: 0x00020000)

Is connected to the following GPU:
        [0] sutton:0[gpu:0] (Quadro FX 4600)

is there a way in perl that i can strip out bits so i am left with just

Code:
  DELL 2007FP DFP-0
  Eizo CG243W DFP-1

Perl is not my strong point

many thanks

Adam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl->Execute any unix command & display the output in a proper form

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format my $cmd = "ls -l"; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: looping through the output of a 'system' command

Hi there could anybody point me in the right direction when it comes to looping through the output of a system command in perl (i.e. df -k) doing a test against each line to see if it matches? for example if i have a df -k output like this and I wanted to grab the lines that matched "sda" or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - how to make output of a command a numbered list

Hi there, just wondered if somebody could help me with a problem I have I have a program that when run from the command line will output a list of objects # list_servers server1 server5 server7 server8 # I just wanted to know, in perl, how can i make each line of output from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read tail -F command output in perl

Hi All, How I will read the output of the tail -F command in perl. I have text file with below contains file1.txt 1 2 3 4 $running=1; sub openLog($) { (my $log) = @_; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravin27
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Parse word from command output

Hello, I used the following script to conect to cisco router: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Getopt::Long; use Opsware::NAS::Connect; my($host, $port, $user, $pass) = ('localhost','$tc_proxy_telnet_port$','$tc_user_username$','$tc_user_password$'); my $device =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't Output Piped Perl In-line command to a File

Hello, I'm pretty stumped, and I don't know why I am not able to redirect the output to the 'graphme' file with the command below in Fedora 18. tcpdump -l -n -t "tcp == 18" | perl -ane '($s,$j)=split(/,/,$F,2); print "$s\n";' > graphme In case you're wondering, I was following the example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ConcealedKnight
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl help - how to assign output of perl to variable

Hi, guys, i have a script i inherited from a coworker but i'm not perl savy. The script works but i would like it to work better. I want to run this command ./ciscomgrtest.pl -r "show version" -h hosts.router and have the script goto each router in the hosts.router file and run the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whipuras
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the Linux command output to an array in perl script

Hi I am trying to store the output of a command into an array in perl script. I am able to store but the problem is i am unable to print the array line with one line space. i mean i inserted the \n in loop ...but not getting the result. I have written like this #!/usr/bin/perl @a =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert title as output of command to appended file if no output from command

I am using UNIX to create a script on our system. I have setup my commands to append their output to an outage file. However, some of the commands return no output and so I would like something to take their place. What I need The following command is placed at the prompt: TICLI... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)