Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Space usage in MB or GB
Operating Systems HP-UX Space usage in MB or GB Post 302544439 by frank_rizzo on Wednesday 3rd of August 2011 07:06:34 PM
Old 08-03-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bang_dba
hi,
In HP unix, how can check the space usage in Mb
bdf will give me the output in Bytes i guess.

Also, how can i check the directory size in hp unix.

Thx
take the output of bdf and divide by 1024
This User Gave Thanks to frank_rizzo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

formatting space usage/available reports

I'm really, really new to writing scripts, but have been asked to generate a report that will show available space for a disk, space used by particular subdirectories on the disk and totals. I can get the information I need with du and df and output it to a text file but I'm stumped as to how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DesperateDBA
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding disk space usage

How would I go about finding the about of disk space occupied by a certain directory? For example, /u1/cvera => 530 MB Thanks =) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvera8
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to determine the disk space usage

how can we determine the disk space used by a certain directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Usage - Space Used

Hi all, FreeBSD7.1 @ sh. In a backup script I am trying to get the blocks used by the backup once completed. I am using the function: #!/bin/sh spaceused() { du -d 0 "${1}" | awk -F"+" '{ print $1 } } to return the blocks used of said directory and contents. Via. command line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with disk space usage

Issue with disk space usage I have the following line in my "df -h" output: Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/ad4s1a 496M 495M -39M 109% / What is the issue with having 9% excess utilisation? How can I find out what this partition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

8. AIX

FS space usage

Hello. I have a clean-up script that deletes > 5days old files on /archive/idocs directory. This script runs twice a week, Tuesday and Friday. This creates a log file that shows the current space usage before and after the files were deleted from the directory. On Feb 3, the script ran and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udelalv
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Phantom space usage in /

Hi everyone, Got an interesting one (well, interesting to me) I have a box with a 5Gb / mount point. Checking for large files I found nothing and in fact when I did a full du I found that there was only 1.6Gb in use! And yet 100% used in / So there's an unaccounted 3.4Gb somewhere! The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keefbaker
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to display space usage

Hi all, I am looking for help with a script for displaying the space available from a df - h command for / (root). The problem is: If it is below 700 MB I have jobs that are failing... Is there a way I can do a calculation? If it above 700 MB it is good, if it is below 700 MB it will fail.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
5 Replies
ucs2any(1)						      General Commands Manual							ucs2any(1)

NAME
ucs2any - generate BDF fonts containing subsets of ISO 10646-1 codepoints SYNOPSIS
ucs2any [ +d | -d ] source-name { mapping-file registry-encoding } ... DESCRIPTION
ucs2any allows one to generate from an ISO 10646-1 encoded BDF font other BDF fonts in any possible encoding. This way, one can derive from a single ISO 10646-1 master font a whole set of 8-bit fonts in all ISO 8859 and various other encodings. OPTIONS
+d puts DEC VT100 graphics characters in the C0 range (default for upright, character-cell fonts). -d omits DEC VT100 graphics characters from the C0 range (default for all font types except upright, character-cell fonts). OPERANDS
source-name is the name of an ISO 10646-1 encoded BDF file. mapping-file is the name of a character set table like those at <ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/>. These files can also typically be found installed in the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/util/ directory. registry-encoding are the CHARSET_REGISTRY and CHARSET_ENCODING field values for the font name (XLFD) of the target font, separated by a hyphen. Any number of mapping-file and registry-encoding operand pairs may be specified. EXAMPLE
The command ucs2any 6x13.bdf 8859-1.TXT iso8859-1 8859-2.TXT iso8859-2 will generate the files 6x13-iso8859-1.bdf and 6x13-iso8859-2.bdf. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
Hopefully a future release will have a facility similar to ucs2any built into the server, and reencode ISO 10646-1 on the fly, because storing the same fonts in many different encodings is clearly a waste of storage capacity. SEE ALSO
bdftruncate(1) AUTHOR
ucs2any was written by Markus Kuhn. Branden Robinson wrote this manual page, originally for the Debian Project. X Version 11 font-util 1.0.1 ucs2any(1)