Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple pattern search in perl Post 302544281 by yazu on Wednesday 3rd of August 2011 10:34:54 AM
Old 08-03-2011
I think the TS meant "or" instead of "and":
Code:
perl -lne '/content is:|usage\.py/ && print' INPUTFILE
content is:
musage.py
content is:
gusage.py

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search in multiple lines

Hi, I have to search those statements from the file which starts from "shanky"(only shanky, shanky09 or 09shanky is not allowed) and ends with ");". These two string can be in a same line or different line. And also i have to negate those lines which starts with #. Can any one please give me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanky09
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl:: search for tow pattern and replace the third pattern

Hi i want to search two pattern on same line and replace onther pattern.. INPut file aaaa bbbbb nnnnnn ttttt cccc bbbbb nnnnnn ppppp dddd ccccc nnnnnn ttttt ffff bbbbb oooooo ttttt now i want replace this matrix like.. i want search for "bbbbb","nnnnnn" and search and replace for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitindreamz
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl pattern search

can someone help me out with the bolded? else if (regmatch($Subject, "^Application") && (regmatch($From, "^etgh") && (regmatch($Body, ".*not authorized to use this server.*")))) what this section of the code is suppose to do is to scan through the contents of $Body, if do a set of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search more than one pattern with perl on same line

Hi friends, I want to search for some hex error codes in some files. After the hex error code is found, the occurences would be counted. Afterwards the found hex errorcode would be cat into a separate file. Here is my code: #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Basename; my $find = $ARGV; my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need with PERL multiple search pattern matching!

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=9 uid=oracle conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search pattern

Hello :) I have this file cat employee_list Name : jack Gender: m ID : 4512 DOB : 03/27/1980 hire date : 04/23/2012 Nationality: US marital status : single ===================== Name : mick Gender: m ID : 1256 DOB : 03/27/1970 Hire date : 012/10/2011 Nationality: US Marital... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with multiple pattern search

Want to fetch a column with multiple pattern using awk. How to achieve the same. Tried cat test address : 10.63.20.92/24 address : 10.64.22.93/24 address : 10.53.40.91/24 cat test | awk '{print $3}' |awk -F "/" '{print $1}' 10.63.20.92 10.64.22.93 10.53.40.91 Is there any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manasa Pradeep
2 Replies

8. Linux

Search multiple pattern from list

I am working on AIX operating system. I want to search list of Article Id for given Set Date (which are present in a seperate file input.txt) art_list.csv ------------ "Article ID" |"Ad Description" |"Pyramid"|"Pyramid Desc "|"ProductTypeId"|"Set Date "|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivrsk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple pattern in a file

I have a sample file with following output: HTTP/1.1 200 OK User: admin Set-Cookie: AMBARISESSIONID=y3v3648yqcno32nq478kw7ar;Path=/;HttpOnly Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT Content-Type: text/plain Vary: Accept-Encoding, User-Agent Content-Length: 6057 Server:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search multiple files

#!/usr/bin/ksh a="Run successfully" cd $APPS ls -l *.txt | while read $txt do if then cp $APPS/$txt cp $hist/$txt else rm $APPS/$txt echo "Files has been removed" fi done New in shell script please help me out Around 100 txt files in $APPS dir i want to search pattern from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalia
8 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)