Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux- Useradd / sudo user
Operating Systems Linux Linux- Useradd / sudo user Post 302544191 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 3rd of August 2011 06:56:52 AM
Old 08-03-2011
Code:
man useradd

Code:
sudo visudo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to create new users without using "useradd" command and user Interaction.

Don't want to use useradd command to create a new user I am doing manual addition of accounts. Actually I am writing a script and I am working on RedHat7.1 system. What I am trying to do is run the script and pass all the values of the username password and group as command line parameters. Now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syedifti
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who can help me how to add user without 'useradd' command

Can any one tell me if i dun want using 'useradd' command to add new user, it is have any command i can use to add a new user?and any extra step needed for my local environment? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foong
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting password for user using useradd?

hi all i am writing a script to create user and group from the input given to script for eg. script needs to values 1. mode - 1 or 2 2. id - if mode is 1 then id should be 2 char like x1 / v1 / v2 if mode is 2 then id should be 1 char like x / v / e from these to values group is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp with a sudo user

Morning guys, I'm hoping you can advise me as to whether or not the following is possible. Is there a way of firing off an scp command with a sudo user as the user? e.g. I am logged onto server1 as smith, but want to pull files from server2 that I can only read as sudo jones. In my mind it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
3 Replies

5. BSD

useradd in linux

hi.. i want to know when we add a new user by useradd command in linux "ram" in the system then bydefault " ram " name directory will create inside /home/ram . why..?? i want to know behind this logic . please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

useradd - shell missing features after adding user

Hi, I need to create a user from a bash script so i have to use useradd. The problem is that when i create a user with: useradd -d /home/sample -m sample after i login with that user I have no history in bash, path do not appears, i can't use arrows and so on. When I use adduser everything is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktm
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setup SUDO For a User on Linux Server

Hello! Can anyone please assist: Question: On Linux Server I have created two users John and Matt. I want to give both the users the ability to run 'more' and 'tail -f' commands on the log file in the directory /var/log/test.log. I do not want to give them SU rights. Can any one please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo user

I am trying to run a command from different user on my server. However when i execute the command it asks for password can you please help. when i use this command to switch user no password is required 1) sudo su - bilbtf42 when i use 2) sudo su - bilbtf42 cp file1 direcotry1/file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo su - USER ??? How to??

Hi folks, Here is my question of the day 8-) I have to provide the ability to sudo su - orapd2 & sudo su - pd2adm for the following people User A, B, C, D which all of them are part of the group staff. orapd2 and pd2adm are also users. Users A, B, C, D should not type the password for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

10. AIX

Sudo to other user

Hello All, I am trying to grant sudo privileges to a set of users (say tom and jerry) to sudo to another set of users (jim, harry). This is because we don't want to disclose the password of jim and harry. I did defined the user_alias and runas alias. %wms ALL = (USR) /usr/bin/su -, where wms... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibmtech
7 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)