Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare two files in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two files in UNIX Post 302544055 by rdcwayx on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 09:05:37 PM
Old 08-02-2011
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{a[$1]++;next} !a[$1]' file2 file1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX; Compare two files

Hi Guys, Requirement: Want to compare two files, if the the content of both files is same then show "Good result" else Show "Bad Result" I am using the following logic if( cmp -s a b = 0 ) then echo "Good result" else echo "Bad result" exit 0 fi But this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhishek3598
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Compare Files

Hi, I need to compare 2 files based on the first field in each file and output the differences to a new file. example File 1 and File 2 both have first field as Number ie: File 1 1252652355 1859553322 1778899562 File 2 1252652355 1859553322 So I would expect File 3 to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lagre1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare a two files in unix server.

Hi Friends, I have a requirement like i have two files in diffrent locations. i want to compare these two files, if both the files are same i want to return "0" else return 1. Please help me on this. Thanks sreenu. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenu80
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i unix compare two files??

how can i unix compare two files?? var1 = 6499 7328 6351 7583 7573 var2 = 6499 7328 6351 7583 7777 i did: diff $var1 $var2 and i got the output: 1c1 < 6499 7328 6351 7583 7573 --- > 6499 7328 6351 7583 7777 what can i do with it? and what does it tell me?? how can i knoe that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirnir26
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to compare two files using UNIX?

I have two files which have primary key(s) for each row. I need to compare both the files and produce the output in the following format. Primary key(s),file1 value,file2 value. Both the input files will be comma separated files. I have accomplished this using perl, but it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpsridhar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files in unix

Hi Gurus I need your kind help sorting the below query I have two text files File1.txt ID Name Address 101 Srinath BBB 102 Sidharth CCC File2.txt ID Name Address 102 Siddharth DDD 103 Suman EEE Now the requirement is if the second file has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Script to compare two files

Hello, I have a dat file nctilllist.dat which will be present in the directory path "/usr/lpp/web-data/mfg/nct/file-data/nctilllist.dat" nctillist.dat will have reference to files like DP100001.jpg,DP10002.PDF,DP100003.doc on the path /usr/lpp/web-data/mfg/nct/file-data will have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gayathrivm
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files using Unix scripting

I have a file containing the below data obtained after running a diff command > abc 10 < abc 15 > xyz 02 <xyz 05 ..... Does anyone know how i can obtain output like : previous value of abc is 10 and present value is 15 similarly for all the comparisons in the text file (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: amithpatrick1
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files in UNIX

I have requirement to compare two files in unix. Below are the sample files. File1: cn=test123,cn=bobgroup,dc=ind,dc=com cn=bob123,cn=bobgroup,dc=ind,dc=com cn=test13,cn=bobgroup,dc=ind,dc=com cn=est12,cn=bobgroup,dc=ind,dc=com cn=st123,cn=bobgroup,dc=ind,dc=com File2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babu92
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare multiple files in UNIX?

Hi, I have below query related to multiple file comparing I have four files i want to compare it and contents of one file will not be presence in 3other files and if any content found then it will print the execution. Can you please help me how to achieve it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyamihp
2 Replies
SVN::Web::DiffParser(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 SVN::Web::DiffParser(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Web::DiffParser - Parse patch files containing unified and standard diffs NOTE
This is Text::Diff::Parser, plus some local bug fixes that were exposed by use with SVN::Web. For more details about Text::Diff::Parser please see CPAN. SYNOPSIS
use SVN::Web::DiffParser; # create the object my $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new(); # With options $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( Simplify=>1, # simplify the diff Strip=>2 ); # strip 2 directories # Create object. Parse $file $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( $file ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( File=>$file ); # Create object. Parse text my $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( $text ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( Diff=>$text ); # parse a file $parser->parse_file( $filename ); # parse a string $parser->parse( $text ); # Remove no-change lines. Combine line substitutions $parser->simplify; # Find results foreach my $change ( $parser->changes ) { print "File1: ", $change->filename1; print "Line1: ", $change->line1; print "File2: ", $change->filename2; print "Line2: ", $change->line2; print "Type: ", $change->type; my $size = $change->size; foreach my $line ( 0..($size-1) ) { print "Line: ", $change->line( $size ); } } # In scalar context, returns the number of changes my $n = $parser->changes; print "There are $n changes", # Get the changes to a given file my @changes = $parser->changes( 'Makefile.PL' ); # Get list of files changed by the diff my @files = $parser->files; DESCRIPTION
"SVN::Web::DiffParser" parses diff files and patches. It allows you to access the changes to a file in a standardized way, even if multiple patch formats are used. A diff may be viewed a series of operations on a file, either adding, removing or modifying lines of one file (the "from-file") to produce another file (the "to-file"). Diffs are generally produced either by hand with diff, or by your version control system ("cvs diff", "svn diff", ...). Some diff formats, notably unified diffs, also contain null operations, that is lines that "SVN::Web::DiffParser" currently parses unified diff format and standard diff format. Unified diffs look like the following. --- Filename1 2006-04-12 18:47:22.000000000 -0400 +++ Filename2 2006-04-12 19:21:16.000000000 -0400 @@ -1,4 +1,6 @@ ONE TWO -THREE +honk FOUR +honk +honk Standard diffs look like the following. diff something something.4 3c3 < THREE --- > honk 4a5,6 > honk > honk The diff line isn't in fact part of the format but is necessary to find which files the chunks deal with. It is output by "cvs diff" and "svn diff" so that isn't a problem. METHODS
new $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new; $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( $file ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( $handle ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( %params ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( \%params ); Object constructor. Diff String that contains a diff. This diff will be parse before "new" returns. File File name or file handle that is parsed before "new" returns. Simplify Simplifying a patch involves dropping all null-operations and converting and remove operation followed by an add operation (or an add followed by a remove) of the same size on the same lines into a modify operation. Strip Strip N leading directories from all filenames. Less then useful for standard diffs produced by "cvs diff", because they don't contain directory information. Verbose If true, print copious details of what is going on. parse_file $parser->parse_file( $file ); $parser->parse_file( $handle ); Read and parse the file or file handle specified. Will "die" if it fails, returns true on success. Contents of the file may then be accessed with "changes" and "files". parse $parser->parse( $string ); Parses the diff present in $string. Will "die" if it fails, returns true on success. Contents of the file may then be accessed with "changes" and "files". files %files = $parser->files; Fetch a list of all the files that were referenced in the patch. The keys are original files ("from-file") and the values are the modified files ("to-file"). changes @changes = $parser->changes; $n = $parser->changes; @changes = $parser->changes( $file ); $n = $parser->changes( $file ); Return all the operations (array context) or the number of operations in the patch file. If $file is specified, only returns changes to that file ("from-file" or "to-file"). Elements of the returned array are change objects, as described in "CHANGE METHODS" below. CHANGE METHODS
The "changes" method returns an array of objects that describe each operation. You may use the following methods to find out details of the operation. type Returns the type of operation, either 'ADD', 'REMOVE', 'MODIFY' or '' (null operation). filename1 Filename of the "from-file". filename2 Filename of the "to-file". line1 Line in the "from-file" the operation starts at. line2 Line in the "to-file" the operation starts at. size Number of lines affected by this operation. text @lines = $ch->text; $line = $ch->text( $N ); Fetch the text of the line $N if present or all lines of affected by this operation. For '' (null) and 'REMOVE' operations, these are the lines present before the operation was done ('from-file'. For 'ADD' and 'MODIFY' operations, these are the lines present after the operation was done ('to-file'. BUGS
I'm not 100% sure of standard diff handling. Missing support for context diffs. SEE ALSO
Text::Diff, Arch, diff. AUTHOR
Philip Gwyn, <gwyn-at-cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Philip Gwyn This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-11 SVN::Web::DiffParser(3pm)