Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed scripting issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed scripting issue Post 302543843 by StudentFitz on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 08:29:52 AM
Old 08-02-2011
Many Thanks Zorro, problem sorted!

Also, I realised that I didn't need the 'set' in
Code:
set day_txt = sed -n '664p' <KAN_runoff\(mm_water\)_VLF.txt | cut -c 7-10

thanks again!

Andrew

Last edited by Franklin52; 08-02-2011 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting issue

folks; i'm trying to write a shell script to do the following: 1. i have a file with 39 fields, i'm trying to add 10 more fields with (!) as a field separator. with the following requirement: if field number 20 has a value, then field number 40 will show as (!M!), and if the field number 20 does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a sed one liner variant - sed 's/ ; /|/g' $TMP1 > $TMP

Execution of the following segment is giving the error - Script extract:- OUT=$DATADIR/sol_rsult_orphn.bcp TMP1=${OUT}_tmp1 TMP=${OUT}_tmp ( isql -w 400 $dbConnect_OPR <<EOF select convert(char(10), s.lead_id) +'|' + s.pho_loc_type, ";", s.sol_rsult_cmnt, ";", +'|'+ s.del_ind... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzmatam
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting issue..

Hi guys... I am a newbie to scripting... I have a small requirement... I dont whether u r clear with my requirement... But plz try to help me... Like, tell me some kind of scripts that can help me in retreiving the data from the datasets. Regards, Mahesh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mraghunandanan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting issue..

Hi guys... I am newbie to Shell Scripting... I am querying the Oracle database.I want a Shell script for fetching some data from datasets in Oracle database and displaying in an excel sheet.This is my requirement.. Can u plz help me guys.. Regards, Mahesh... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP-Scripting Issue

Hi Guys, I am quite new to Shell Scripting... I need ur help.. This is very urgent. The thing is like, I need to match a IP address (ex 192.168.200.56) i.e, xxx.xxx.xxx.xx inside a KSH script,but if we enter in different format other than the specified format (ex jjj.ksj., 1.0...), it should... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting issue

Hello, I have an ASCII file (many files of the same format, but different dates and numbers) in the format like below: 2008.01.02,08:00,1.46520,1.46520,1.46410,1.46440,70 2008.01.02,08:05,1.46450,1.46560,1.46440,1.46540,79 2008.01.02,08:10,1.46530,1.46540,1.46490,1.46500,46... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chief2000
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting Issue

needing this script to shut down 1 IceS and start up another, close the 2nd one after 12 seconds and then reboot. here is what i have so far #!/bin/bash ShutDown() { echo "Shutdown in progress." wall <<ENDOFWALL CI Shutdown has been intiated!!!! Shutdown will occur in 30 seconds...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zaine
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripting issue

Hi experts... I am really new to this scripting, i really need your help. I have this script to read and print the report, however the script does not pickup the correct hostname (eg. Svtns11d).. The script will start reading/pick up on the second line instead of reading the first line.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talkhard154
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting issue

I am having a problem. which I have described below>> I have to run a script with the format : <File_name><Start_date><End_date> abcd.sh 19-JAN-2015 01-May-2014 problem is I need to compare these two dates and throw an error as start date must be less than or equal to end date. But... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chandan_Bose
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting issue

Hi Experts, I'm stuck with a single liner bash script. Need your help to fix it. Let me brief you that what is my expectations from this script. I need the interfaces configured for a list of servers, their respective IP address and FQDN in a output file. The output should be in the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_adm
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)