Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VIM search and replace with line breaks in both the target and replacement text Post 302543828 by yazu on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 07:34:53 AM
Old 08-02-2011
You can use newline chars in s command in pattern part as "\n" and in substitute part as "\r". You should backspace & in substitute part. This awful expression works:
Code:
:%s/If(((me==1.and.(i==11.and.j==23))&\n&.or.(me==2.and.(i==3.and.j==35)))&\n/If
(((me==3.and.(i==12.and.j==8))\&\r\&.or.(me==4.and.(i==8.and.j==55)))\&\r\&.or.(
me==5.and.(i==2.and.j==2)))\&\r/g

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace multi-line text in files

Hello I need to search for a mult-line text in a file exfile1 and replace that text with another text. The text to search for is in exfile2 and the replacement text is in exfile3. I work with kornshell under AIX and need to do this with a lot of files. (the file type is postscript and they need... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: marz
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VIM: replace a character in the middle of line

exmaple, i need to replace the number "5" from all lines below with "X"? What is the useful vim command that i can apply for.. ddpadsgg506xghssuyj ddpadsgag546xghssuys ddsadsgaag596xghssuy_te ddsadsgag506xghssuy_pe ddsadsgagc526xghssuys ddsads506ighssuys ddsadsgag506pghssuyk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 793589
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fix line breaks format text for huge files?

Hi, I need to correct line breaks for huge files (more than 1MM records in a file) and then format it properly. Except the header and trailer, each record starts with 'D'. Requirement:Scan the whole file except the header and trailer records and see if any of the records start with... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikionline
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text and replace line next to it

I have a file which requires modification via a shell script. Need to do the following: 0. take input from user for new text. 1. search for a keyword in the file. 2. replace the line next to this to this keyword with user supplied input. for e.g., my file has the following text: (some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chingupt
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace a text if the line contains a pattern

My text file looks like below . . . abcdefghi jklmnop $Bad_ptrq_GTS=rcrd_ip.txt $Bad_abcd_REJ=rcrd_op.txt ghijklm $Bad_abcd_TYHS=rcrd_op.txt abcgd abcdefghi jklmnop $Bad_ptrq_GTS=rcrd_ip.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Convert UNIX text file in Windows to recognize line breaks

Hmmm I think I found the correct subforum to ask my question... I have some text files that I prepared in vi some time ago, and now I want to open and edit them with Windows Notepad. I don't have a Unix terminal at the moment so I need to do the conversion in Windows. Is there a way to do this?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frys_hp
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UNIX text file in Windows to recognize line breaks

Hi all, I have some text files that I prepared in vi some time ago, and now I want to open and edit them with Windows Notepad. I don't have a Unix terminal at the moment so I need to do the conversion in Windows. Is there a way to do this? Or just reinsert thousands of line breaks again :eek: ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frys_hp
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add line breaks to perl command with large text in single quotes?

Below code extracts multiple field values from XML into array and prints all in one line. perl -nle '@r=/(?: jndiName| authDataAlias| value| minConnections| maxConnections| connectionTimeout| name)="(+)/g and print join ",",$ENV{tIPnSCOPE},$ENV{pr ovider},$ENV{impClassName},@r' server.xml ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)