Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with Archiving multiple files based on name and date Post 302543683 by Shell_Life on Monday 1st of August 2011 05:22:35 PM
Old 08-01-2011
See if this works for you:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

mNew='/opt/data/feeds/'
mCurrent='/opt/data/feeds/Current/'
mArchive='/opt/data/feeds/Archive/'

#
# Removing 5 files from 5 days ago in Archive:
#
typeset -i mCnt=31
ls -1at ${mArchive}File?_extract_* | while read mFName; do
  mCnt=${mCnt}-1
  if [[ ${mCnt} -le 5 ]]; then
    echo "Now removing <$mFName>."
    rm -f ${mFName}
    if [[ ${mCnt} -eq 1 ]]; then
      break
    fi
  fi
done

#
# Moving existing Current files to Archive:
#
mv ${mCurrent}File?_extract_* ${mArchive}

#
# Moving new files to Current and
# make sure all 5 files are there:
#
mMMDDYYYY=$(date +"%m%d%Y")
mCnt=1
while [[ ${mCnt} -le 5 ]]; do
  mFName='File'${mCnt}'_extract_'${mMMDDYYYY}
  touch ${mCurrent}${mFName}
  mv ${mNew}${mFName} ${mCurrent}${mFName}
  mCnt=${mCnt}+1
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files based on date

I am trying to write a shell script that will remove files in a directory based on the date. For instance, remove all files older than yesterday. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count of files based on date?

Hi Friends, Can anyone help me with this: To get the count of files that are existing in a directory created on a perticular date like in the example (01/08) .(having same pattern for the filename) ex: FileName Creted Date FILE001 01/08/2007 FILE005 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the newest files based on date

Hello friends, I'm learning to script, and I need help. How can I get the latest/newest files based on date? the format is as following: Feb 07 19:25 TESTPWD_file_1vk6pn40_19519_1 Feb 07 19:46 TESTPWD_file_1uk6pn40_19518_2 Feb 07 19:47 TESTPWD_file_20k6pn40_19520_2 Feb 07 19:56... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to select multiple files from archive directory based on the date range

hi all, here is the description to my problem. input parameters: $date1 & $date2 based on the range i need to select the archived files from the archived directory and moved them in to working directory. can u please help me in writing the code to select the multiple files based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbc17484
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on date

Hi all i am having so many files in my directory.Is there any option to copy files based on date. example i am having file this -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 abc -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 bnw -rwxrwxr-x 1 ram user 21122 Feb 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files based on date

Hello team, I have a number of files in a folder which are dated yesterday and today.Can i remove all the files which i created today based on date?? is there any syntax for this ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving assistance needed date to month

We have year folder say in a path /opt/informat/Archive a folder 2012. And in the same folder /opt/informat/Archive we have different folders month based, like 201210, 201211, 201212, this have data for each month, ie files. Now time to time i need to move the monthly folders to the main folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghavraok
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide an EBCDIC files into multiple files based on value at 45-46 bytes

Hi All, I do have an EBCDIC file sent from the z/os , this file has records with different record types in it, the type of record is identified by bytes 45-46 like value 12 has employee record value 14 has salaray record and etc.... we do now want to split the big ebcdic file into multiple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okkadu
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies
Archive::Zip::MemberRead(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Archive::Zip::MemberRead(3pm)

NAME
Archive::Zip::MemberRead - A wrapper that lets you read Zip archive members as if they were files. SYNOPSIS
use Archive::Zip; use Archive::Zip::MemberRead; $zip = Archive::Zip->new("file.zip"); $fh = Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, "subdir/abc.txt"); while (defined($line = $fh->getline())) { print $fh->input_line_number . "#: $line "; } $read = $fh->read($buffer, 32*1024); print "Read $read bytes as :$buffer: "; DESCRIPTION
The Archive::Zip::MemberRead module lets you read Zip archive member data just like you read data from files. METHODS
Archive::Zip::Member::readFileHandle() You can get a "Archive::Zip::MemberRead" from an archive member by calling "readFileHandle()": my $member = $zip->memberNamed('abc/def.c'); my $fh = $member->readFileHandle(); while (defined($line = $fh->getline())) { # ... } $fh->close(); Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, $fileName) Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, $member) Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($member) Construct a new Archive::Zip::MemberRead on the specified member. my $fh = Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, 'fred.c') setLineEnd(expr) Set the line end character to use. This is set to by default except on Windows systems where it is set to . You will only need to set this on systems which are not Windows or Unix based and require a line end diffrent from . This is a class method so call as "Archive::Zip::MemberRead"->"setLineEnd($nl)" rewind() Rewinds an "Archive::Zip::MemberRead" so that you can read from it again starting at the beginning. input_record_separator(expr) If the argumnet is given, input_record_separator for this instance is set to it. The current setting (which may be the global $/) is always returned. input_line_number() Returns the current line number, but only if you're using "getline()". Using "read()" will not update the line number. close() Closes the given file handle. buffer_size([ $size ]) Gets or sets the buffer size used for reads. Default is the chunk size used by Archive::Zip. getline() Returns the next line from the currently open member. Makes sense only for text files. A read error is considered fatal enough to die. Returns undef on eof. All subsequent calls would return undef, unless a rewind() is called. Note: The line returned has the input_record_separator (default: newline) removed. read($buffer, $num_bytes_to_read) Simulates a normal "read()" system call. Returns the no. of bytes read. "undef" on error, 0 on eof, e.g.: $fh = Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, "sreeji/secrets.bin"); while(1) { $read = $fh->read($buffer, 1024); die "FATAL ERROR reading my secrets ! " if (!defined($read)); last if (!$read); # Do processing. .... } AUTHOR
Sreeji K. Das, <sreeji_k@yahoo.com> See Archive::Zip by Ned Konz without which this module does not make any sense! Minor mods by Ned Konz. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002 Sreeji K. Das. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2009-06-30 Archive::Zip::MemberRead(3pm)