Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse 2 or more files into one. Post 302543538 by bartus11 on Monday 1st of August 2011 07:44:42 AM
Old 08-01-2011
You can accomplish it by:
Code:
cat record* > outfile

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse 2 files simultaneously

Say I have 2 files of 2 rows of 3 columns each file1: cat catdata1 catdata2 dog dogdata1 dogdata2 file2: cat catdata3 catdata4 dog dogdata3 dogdata4 and I need to combine both files so that is appears like: cat catdata1 catdata2 catdata3 catdata4 dog dogdata1 dogdata2 dogdata3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse files and delete

For the CSV file it should have one entry per line looking like this: pwd/filename,YYYYMMDDhhmmss,OK The date stamp should be from the file properties and OK will be a constant. find . name 'W*' gives me the proper list of files and date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S is the proper date format but I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pimentelgg
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] Parse files

Hi I've 2 folder A and B, they have files with the same name but different content. I mean A contain---------> aa.txt, bb.txt, cc.txt B contain---------> aa.txt, bb.txt, cc.txt but aa.txt in A has different content from aa.txt in B. I'd like to parse the homonyms files in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i parse my Unix log files??

Hello, i would like to parse Unix log files and i would like to use a Unix syslog analyzer. I'm going to use Eucalyptus and i would like to parse its log files. Is there any open source/free syslog parser?? Thanks, in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK failing to parse on certain files

Dear Unix Gurus, need your expertise to help troubleshoot a certain problem i'm having. I crated a shell script which will ftp get 1 crash log from multiple servers (listed in a text file). Each log will then be parsed by calling an awk script. The problem is, for certain log its parsing... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarj
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse huge files

Hello All, I have a situation as below: (1) Read a source file (a single file of 1.2 million rows in it ) (2) Read Destination files one by one and replace the content ( few fields in it ) with the corresponding matching field from source file. I tried as below: ( please note I am not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse csv files by their names

HI all I have multiple csv files with the names VAR1_VAR2_VAR3_VAR4.csv All the files have the same structure inside just values change. I am trying to retrieve data from those files by fixing at each time one or more VAR. I tried to write a script but I have 2 problems: 2-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jhon.c
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse log files

Hi all, We are having a sample log like .... test.log:2015.03.17 06:16:24 >> ABC.generateMethod() MethodAException while processing Request! DataForm: Header --- dtd: template.dtd, titleName: berger, requestId: 1503170032131, documentName: invoice123, hostName: acme.net, userName: userABC... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tandrei
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse input of two files to be the same in awk

I have two files that I am going to use diff to find the differences but need to parse them before I do that. I have include the format of each file1 and file2 with the desired output of each (the first 5 fields in each file). The first file has a "chr" before the # that needs to be removed. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)