Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Determining PostgreSQL version Post 302543488 by orange47 on Monday 1st of August 2011 02:49:17 AM
Old 08-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccj4467
Try

Code:
psql --version

doesn't work..:

Code:
 $ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql --version
ld.so.1: psql: fatal: libpq.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

Smilie

edit:
I have found the following in documentation file (usr/local/pgsql/doc/html/pgtcl.html ) :
Code:
TITLE="PostgreSQL 7.2.1 Documentation"
HREF="index.html"><LINK

is it safe to assume postgre is v7.2.1 ?

edit2:
solved, by modifying .bashrc to include LD_LIBRARY_PATH for Postgre

thanks.

Last edited by orange47; 08-01-2011 at 07:55 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

postgresql-jdbc on Suse

Hi, I am writing a Java Swing application and want to add Embedded SQL to it. The application should interact with a PostgreSQL database running on my local machine. The compiler complains that it cannot find the org.postgresql package included in the code. I'm guessing the problem is that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marina
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Perl - PostGreSql query

Guys, I guess, I posted something in the wrong forum. Here it is - https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/67395-perl-postgrepsql-question.html Can you please help me with this? Regards, garric (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
0 Replies

3. Programming

kill - postgresql

Hi guys. I was was designing a simple database in postgresql. I wrote a perl function in postgresql and execute it. suddenly i saw that it is running in an infinite loop. After i stopped executing of the query, i saw that CPU is in 90%+ load. I looked at process list and there it was. postgresql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PostgreSQL - can not find server

I am first year year student .. and i need help i tried to work with PostgreSQL but when i open the terminal, i face problem in how to reach to PostgreSQL . always i get message it says that " can not find server " . so what shall i do please .....:( (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: barlom
9 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

PostgreSQL problem with vacuumdb

I am trying to run vacuumdb script. but it exits with an error: "ld.so.1: vacuumdb:fatal libpq.so.5 open failed no such file or directory" same error is with some other pstgre commands. please, help. thanks. edit: it seems I need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH properly. but how to add to it?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Postgresql installation

Hi all, I want to install two postgreql 8.3.5 instances on same servers. already one instalce is running on default port and i need it to be installed on another port.. How ever i achived installing the second instance.. but the problem is if i create a new user using createuser in the newly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani4u
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_PGSQL(7)						OCF resource agents					    OCF_HEARTBEAT_PGSQL(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_pgsql - Manages a PostgreSQL database instance SYNOPSIS
pgsql [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all | methods] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for PostgreSQL. It manages a PostgreSQL as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
pgctl Path to pg_ctl command. (optional, string, default /usr/bin/pg_ctl) start_opt Start options (-o start_opt in pg_ctl). "-i -p 5432" for example. (optional, string, no default) ctl_opt Additional pg_ctl options (-w, -W etc..). (optional, string, no default) psql Path to psql command. (optional, string, default /usr/bin/psql) pgdata Path to PostgreSQL data directory. (optional, string, default /var/lib/pgsql/data) pgdba User that owns PostgreSQL. (optional, string, default postgres) pghost Hostname/IP address where PostgreSQL is listening (optional, string, no default) pgport Port where PostgreSQL is listening (optional, integer, default 5432) config Path to the PostgreSQL configuration file for the instance (optional, integer, no default) start_opt Additional options passed to the PostgreSQL server daemon. (optional, string, no default) pgdb Database that will be used for monitoring. (optional, string, default template1) logfile Path to PostgreSQL server log output file. (optional, string, default /dev/null) stop_escalate Number of shutdown retries (using -m fast) before resorting to -m immediate (optional, integer, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 30. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a pgsql resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_pgsql ocf:heartbeat:pgsql op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="30" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/pgsql_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_PGSQL(7)