Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copying same file multiple times with different names Post 302543403 by blackcat on Sunday 31st of July 2011 02:52:24 PM
Old 07-31-2011
hey 10x 4 the suggestion... but no of times it is to be copied is not known in advance..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying file names returned from a grep command into another directory

When I do the following : grep -l "string" *, I get a list of file names returned. Is there a way to copy the files returned from the list into another directory ?. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kartheg
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying multiple folders to local machine (don't know folder names)

Hi. I'm trying to copy multiple folders from the remote machine to the local machine. I wrote a batch file to run an ftp window. The problem I am having is that the only command to copy files is mget *, and this copies only files, not folders. For example, ftp ts555 cd ts555/test ' test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenyburger
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files multiple times increasing sequentially

I am looking for the easiest way to copy a set of files 1000 times and increment sequentially. I want to copy these 2 files: Scenario.1.1.ud Scenario.1.2.ud So that it creates the following: Scenario.2.1.ud Scenario.2.2.ud Scenario.3.1.ud Scenario.3.2.ud .. .. Scenario.1000.1.ud... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPOrlando
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

call a passwd file to a script multiple times

Hello everybody, I have a requirement in my script.. When i'am executing a script, it'll ask a passwd of some service account.. I need to pass it to the script through a zipped file when it asks for it. The script can be executed by more people many number times. So for securty purpose, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append some text to a file multiple times

Hi, I have a text file like Version=abc Tab=1 URL GOTO=www.abc.com/board=1 some text... I want to run a loop x no of times and append to the text file above text but URL GOTO should be www.abc.com/board=2 then 3,4...etc till x. Kindly help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying List of Files Under Different File Names ?!

Hi to all here , Excuse me for the lamer question but I need UNIX command for copying List of Files Under Different File Names ! for example I have this list: new_001.jpg new_002.jpg new_003.jpg ..... I want to copy all files that start with "new_" to the same directory but under... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: boboweb_
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if the same file exists multiple times?

Hi Team , Is there a way I can check to see if the same file say , test.dat exists multiple times in the directory path ? Please help. Thanks Megha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting text in file names while copying them.

I'm trying to find a Bourne shell script that will copy files from one directory using a wild card for the file name (*) and add some more characters in the middle of the file name as it is copied. As an example: /u01/tmp-file1.xml => /u02/tmp-file1-20130620.xml /u01/tmp-file2.xml => ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tony Keller
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to do multiple dir's and multiple file names etc.

What am I missing? find: 0652-009 There is a missing conjunction find: 0652-009 There is a missing conjunction find: 0652-009 There is a missing conjunction find: 0652-009 There is a missing conjunction find: 0652-009 There is a missing conjunction find: 0652-009 There is a missing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace string and create new file multiple times

First of all, apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere. I haven't quite been able to find what I'm looking for yet, so hopefully this won't come across as repetition. I have a file consisting of ~100 nearly identical lines, each of which contains multiple instances of the string I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudo.seppuku
11 Replies
times.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							    times.h(3HEAD)

NAME
times.h, times - file access and modification times structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/times.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/times.h> header defines the structure tms, which is returned by times() and includes the following members: clock_t tms_utime /* user CPU time */ clock_t tms_stime /* system CPU time */ clock_t tms_cutime /* user CPU time of terminated child processes */ clock_t tms_cstime /* system CPU time of terminated child processes */ The clock_t type is defined as described in <sys/types.h>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
times(2), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 times.h(3HEAD)