Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Linux to Windows Printing: PDF starts printing from middle of page. Post 302543294 by methyl on Saturday 30th of July 2011 05:48:42 PM
Old 07-30-2011
First inclination is to send a form feed character first and risk wasting a sheet of paper.

However we don't know anything about your computers or Operating Systems or your printing setup or what commands you issue.

You have a limited specification printer and I'm amazed that it will print a PDF. The buffer is tiny in modern terms. Nowadays it is cheaper to buy a better printer than to fit memory to an Epson.
Epson LQ-300+II - Dot Matrix. Technical Specifications and Overview

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing PDF files

Hi all: I'm trying to resolve a print issue in HPUX. Background: An ascii report file was being produced by a program. It was being sent to the printer via internal commands, to wit: let #send_status = 0 let $send_cmd = 'lp -d lp03 /ps/tmp/edsprint/eds*.N.LIS' call... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing in postscript or convert from pdf?

hi - go easy on me, i'm new to UNIX... i need to resample huge pdf files and make them smaller. distiller won't resize existing pdf files. i thought i could print the pdf to a postscript file and then resample that. would that work? if so, how? is this the best way forward or should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jono2000
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PDF Printing....

:confused: We have a Sco Open Unix 5.0.5 Server that I am trying to configure to allow for PDF creation. Currently the server is just using lpr to print to laser printers located throughout the facility. The goal is to be able to also print to pdf documents. There is no option for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloescobar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing to PDF - Advanced usage

Hello, Just a rather long query regarding printing to PDF. I have installed the Cups-PDF printing system which enables me to send a normal text file and create a PDF of it. I then use the pdftk to merge that file with a template. My question is, that I have a database system that will need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing to a web page

I have a shell script that runs periodic upgrades on machines. I want to print certain echo commands from the shell script onto a webpage. What command in shell should I use for doing this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing only the middle word between two patterns

How would I print the word "and" between the words "FOO" and BAR" using sed? My file has three words in it FOO and BAR. I only want the word "and". Thanks every one. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigta09
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Page Break in a file for printing

Hi, We have 1lac records in source file and unix script will genarate around 1000 files. From target location the files are taking for printing on physical papers. the page size limitation : 256 Lines Can you please tell me how to insert the page break in a flat file for printer. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Pdf Printing in Solaris

HI All I need help related to Pdf printing in Solaris.as I print pdf file in solaris it print garbage.how can I print pdf correctly. need help asap. Regards (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
21 Replies

9. Solaris

Printing pdf problem using pasta.cfg

hi folks I have issue in printing pdf while using ERP application, it's using pasta utility to print pdf. If i print from command line its successful while when ERP user give print command the printer doesnot print anything rather it gives error which is as follows ESP Ghostscript 815.01:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing all the values in the middle of two columns

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file with three columns: Input: 1 25734 25737 1 32719 32724 1 59339 59342 1 59512 59513 1 621740 621745 For each row of the text file I want to print out all the values between the second and third columns, including them. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies
ESCPUTIL(1)						      Gutenprint Manual Pages						       ESCPUTIL(1)

NAME
escputil - maintain Epson Stylus inkjet printers SYNOPSIS
escputil [ -P printer | -r device ] [ -m model ] [ -u ] [ -c | -n | -a | -i | -d | -o | -s | -l | -M | -h ] [ -q ] DESCRIPTION
escputil is a command line utility to perform various maintenance tasks on Epson Stylus inkjet printers. These tasks include head align- ment, head cleaning, nozzle check, printer identification, and retrieval of ink level from the printer. OPTIONS
escputil accepts the following options: -P, --printer-name=printer Specify the name of the printer to operate on. The default is the default system printer. -r, --raw-device=device Specify the name of the device to write to directly rather than going through a printer queue. You must use this (rather than speci- fying a printer) when retrieving ink levels or identifying the printer, or if you wish to perform head alignment without specifying the printer model. -m, --model=model Specify the precise printer model for head alignment. -u, --new The printer is a new printer (Stylus Color 740 or newer). -c, --clean-head Clean the print head. This can also be performed from the printer front panel. -n, --nozzle-check Print a nozzle test pattern. Dirty or clogged nozzles will show as gaps in the pattern. If you see any gaps, you should run a head cleaning pass or two. -a, --align-head Align the print head. CAUTION: Misuse of this option may result in poor print quality and/or damage to the printer. You must either specify the printer model with the -m option, or use the raw printer device to allow escputil to detect the printer model. -i, --ink-level Obtain the ink level from the printer. This requires read/write access to the raw printer device. -d, --identify Query the printer for make and model information. This requires read/write access to the raw printer device. -o, --align-color Align the color print head (used by Stylus Color 480 and 580 only). CAUTION: Misuse of this option may result in poor print quality and/or damage to the printer. -s, --status Retrieve printer status. -l, --license Display the license/warranty terms of this program. -M, --list-models List the supported printer models. -h, --help Display a list of all command line options. -q, --quiet Suppress the banner. BUGS
USB-connected printers sometimes fail to identify or return ink levels. You may have to repeat the command. This is probably a timing issue in escputil, not a flaw in the printer. Anything requiring bidirectional communication with the printer (identify, ink levels, or head alignment without specifying the printer model) requires read/write access to the printer port (for example /dev/lp0). This may require these operations to be performed as root. In addition, kernel support is required for bidirectional communication. For Linux version 2.2, CONFIG_PRINTER_READBACK should be enabled; this is called CONFIG_PARPORT_1284 on 2.4 and later kernels. If the printer is performing self-test or head cleaning on power up, the identify and ink level commands will time out, although the printer successfully receives the command. The command will need to be reissued when the printer is quiescent. AUTHORS
Robert Krawitz. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000 Robert Krawitz (rlk@alum.mit.edu) This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. OTHER INFORMATION
The homepage of the Gutenprint project from which this utility was contributed is located at http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/. SEE ALSO
lp(4), tunelp(8). Version 5.2.4 26 Jul 2009 ESCPUTIL(1)