Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat BackupPC on Centos 5.6 x86_64 Post 302543285 by Saed on Saturday 30th of July 2011 02:32:35 PM
Old 07-30-2011
Thank you fpmurphy for your quick reply ,
i thought i can get around this by excluding the samba/samba-common from being installed along with BackupPc Package , but like you said seems nothing i can do about it , any way i`ll remove my existing samba and give a shot for the packages from the repo .
one last question plz , how can i use the exclude option while installing some package with yum.
Regards ..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

LD_PRELOAD on x86_64 gives error from ld.so

I have implemented an interposer for open() and open64() system call. This interposer is implemented in interposer.c and I have compiled it in a shared library (libinterposer.so) using the following commands: gcc -g -fPIC -s -o interposer.o -c interposer.c gcc -s -g -shared -nostartfiles ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish Mukherje
0 Replies

2. Linux

confused X86_64 and AIX

hello everybody i want to install some package on AIX 5.3 the name of rpm is something like libaio-0.3.106-4.2.x86_64.rpm is it a good rpm for AIX 5.3 my question is is AIX and x86_64 mean the same thing ! thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What Are the Differences Between Itanium and x86_64 CPUs?

This is definitely a "stupid" question, but I can't think of anywhere else to ask it, so here goes. My knowledge of CPU history on big iron machines starts with the last DEC Alphas, a short stint with Sun servers, PA-RISC and Itanium, Intel 486s on the desktop before that, and Motorola 68000 CPUs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
4 Replies

4. Linux

GCC cross compiler for x86_64

Hi, I am tried to install GCC cross compiler for 64-bit machine. i want compile one application for 64 bit machine. I have followed steps form GCC Cross-Compile - OSDev Wiki . Please if anybody have installed cross compiler successfully, please tell me the steps followed by you. Thanking... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl/Tk in x86_64

Hi, experts, I am trying to intall Perl/Tk module (Tk-804.028 ) into Perl5.6.1, however, the directory structure seems to be different from i386 than x86_64 and the installation keeps failing. Is this a known/common issue? Or does anyone has any workaround for this? ~* Dniz *~ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dniz
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Problem booting Fedora 11 x86_64

Hi, I am having booting issue with Fedora 11 x86_64 (64-bit version) on my laptop. Laptop configuration is as below: OS : Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit) Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0 GHz RAM : 4 GB Tried following different way for installation: 1. Installed Fedora 11 on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r2kv2k
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Is there a Solaris 10 x86_64

I have always seen a Solaris 10 32 bit version..Is there an x86_64?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies
BDB.DB0(5)							AFS File Reference							BDB.DB0(5)

NAME
bdb.DB0, bdb.DBSYS1 - Contain the Backup Database and associated log DESCRIPTION
The bdb.DB0 file contains the Backup Database, which records configuration information used by the AFS Backup System along with cross- indexed records of the tapes created and volumes dumped using the Backup System commands. The bdb.DBSYS1 file is a log file in which the Backup Server (buserver process) logs each database operation before performing it. When an operation is interrupted, the Backup Server replays the log to complete the operation. Both files are in binary format and reside in the /var/lib/openafs/db directory on each database server machine that runs the Backup Server. When the Backup Server starts or restarts on a given machine, it establishes a connection with its peers and verifies that its copy of the bdb.DB0 file matches the copy on the other database server machines. If not, the Backup Servers use AFS's distributed database technology, Ubik, to distribute to all of the machines the copy of the database with the highest version number. Use the commands in the backup suite to administer the Backup Database. It is advisable to create a backup copy of the bdb.DB0 file on tape on a regular basis, using the UNIX tar command or another local disk backup utility. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_savedb(8), buserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BDB.DB0(5)