Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Determining PostgreSQL version Post 302543020 by orange47 on Friday 29th of July 2011 07:59:04 AM
Old 07-29-2011
Determining PostgreSQL version

I need to find out if a version of PostgreSQL installed in SPARC Solaris is > 7.2

please tell me how to do it.
thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

postgresql-jdbc on Suse

Hi, I am writing a Java Swing application and want to add Embedded SQL to it. The application should interact with a PostgreSQL database running on my local machine. The compiler complains that it cannot find the org.postgresql package included in the code. I'm guessing the problem is that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marina
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Perl - PostGreSql query

Guys, I guess, I posted something in the wrong forum. Here it is - https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/67395-perl-postgrepsql-question.html Can you please help me with this? Regards, garric (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
0 Replies

3. Programming

kill - postgresql

Hi guys. I was was designing a simple database in postgresql. I wrote a perl function in postgresql and execute it. suddenly i saw that it is running in an infinite loop. After i stopped executing of the query, i saw that CPU is in 90%+ load. I looked at process list and there it was. postgresql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PostgreSQL - can not find server

I am first year year student .. and i need help i tried to work with PostgreSQL but when i open the terminal, i face problem in how to reach to PostgreSQL . always i get message it says that " can not find server " . so what shall i do please .....:( (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: barlom
9 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

PostgreSQL problem with vacuumdb

I am trying to run vacuumdb script. but it exits with an error: "ld.so.1: vacuumdb:fatal libpq.so.5 open failed no such file or directory" same error is with some other pstgre commands. please, help. thanks. edit: it seems I need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH properly. but how to add to it?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Postgresql installation

Hi all, I want to install two postgreql 8.3.5 instances on same servers. already one instalce is running on default port and i need it to be installed on another port.. How ever i achived installing the second instance.. but the problem is if i create a new user using createuser in the newly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani4u
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies
Alzabo::PostgreSQL(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Alzabo::PostgreSQL(3pm)

NAME
Alzabo::PostgreSQL - Alzabo and PostgreSQL DESCRIPTION
This documentation is about what special support Alzabo has for PostgreSQL, as well as what is lacking. Postgres support is based on the 7.3.x version of Postgres. Alzabo should work with the 7.1 and 7.2 series, and may even work with the 7.0 series. Mixed-case Table or Column Names By default, Postgres treats table and column names case-insensitively. Because of this, Alzabo always quotes these names when generating DDL SQL. If you are using tables or columns that contain upper-case characters, you should always call "$schema->set_quote_identifiers(1)" as soon as you load your schema object. Otherwise, any method which generates DML SQL will fail. Reverse Engineering o Alzabo cannot determine from the existence of a sequence that the sequence is meant to be used for a particular column unless the sequence was created as a result of making a column's type SERIAL. This is because there is no link between the two in the Postgres' data dictionary tables and will probably never change. Transactions o Transactions are fully supported with Postgres. Outer joins o Left and right outer joins are supported. o Full outer joins are not supported. Constraints Column constraints can be specified as column attributes. Table constraints can be specified as table attributes. Foreign key constraints are generated automatically based on the relationships defined by your schema. perl v5.8.8 2007-12-23 Alzabo::PostgreSQL(3pm)