Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Issue with use of Configuration file instead of hardcoded values inside the script Post 302543011 by yazu on Friday 29th of July 2011 07:45:23 AM
Old 07-29-2011
This should work:
Code:
my $min_to_add = eval Et_Config_Value("MIN");
my $hr_to_sub = eval Et_Config_Value("HR");

But they say using "eval" is dangerous.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to read configuration file

Hi, I would like to write a Korn shell script which will remove files older than a certain date. In my script, it will read a configuration file with the following entries: # <directory> <filename wildcard> # /home/philip/log *.log /home/philip/log1 delete-me*.log The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: philip_dba
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find Script file location inside script

I have to find out the file system location of the script file inside script. for example a script "abc.sh" placed anywhere in the file system when executed shold tell by itself the location of it. example #pwd / #./abc this is / #cd /root #./abc this is /root #cd / #/root/abc this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: asami
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webalizer issue when inside script

hello gurus, When i run the command on shell webalizer -p -n mydomain.com -c /path/to/my/log/webalizer.conf it works fine and it creates stats for the given mydomain.com in the target output directory but when i put it in a script same command and parameters but it goes weird and it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyes_drinker
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

connection string is hardcoded

Hi, I have many perl scripts in single server, i am new to perl, suggestions are appreciated. connection string is hardcoded in all perl scripts i need to make change the all perl scripts and there should be only one config file available in that server. destination database is mysql... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting values from configuration file

Dear All, i am new to shell scripting, I am working on embedded system based on linux.I am supposed to the read the configuration file and edit another file. presently I would like to read from the configuration file.It would be having values file one below. There is chance of entering... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ratheendran
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to increase Timeout values in Configuration File

Hi Guys I am using one configuration file for reading some time out values.The format of the file is A.Type = Number A.Val = 2000 B.Type = Number B.Val = 4000 Now my requirement is I need to write a shell script in Solaris where i need to increase these timeout values by 10 times of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in shell script while returning values-- urgent issue plz help.

Hi, I have initailized a varaible EBID as typeset Long EBID=0 i am calculating value of EBID using certian formula as below: (( CURR_EBID= ($BANDINDEX << 27) | ($CURR_FREQ << 16) | ($CURR_CELLID << 4) | $CURR_SECTOR_VALUE )) return $CURR_EBID The output is as below: + (( CURR_EBID=... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasanur
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking sum up all values inside the file

Hi, Taking sum up all values inside the file by using the below command: paste -sd+ filenmae | bc Getting some error like "0705-001: building space exceeded on line1 stdin" The original data looks like SPACE SPACE SPACE 0.123 JOBNAME1 SPACE SPACE 20.325 JOBNAME2 SPACE SPACE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NareshN
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with ls command inside script

Hi , DIR1 has only one file with .txt extension , trying to get the size of that file using the following script #!/bin/ksh foldr_1="/etc/DIR1" #echo "$foldr_1" sze_fdr1=$(ls -ltr foldr_1/*.txt |awk '{ print $5 }') echo "$sze_fdr1" After executing the above script getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smile689
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replacing values inside a file.

Good day guys, I'm having trouble in creating a logic when it comes to replacing the values inside a file. I tried using sed command but it just doesn't work the way I want it to be. Here is what I'm trying to achieve. If my input file contains the values below. NAME++GUEST1 ++GUESS2++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfghjkl
3 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)