Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading the data from CSV and performing search through shell script Post 302542873 by Chubler_XL on Friday 29th of July 2011 12:32:22 AM
Old 07-29-2011
How about something like this:

Code:
SRC=/home/search/files/
DEST=/home/search/result/
find $SRC -print | while read file
do
     DPATH=`echo $file | sed "s:$SRC:$DEST:"`
     DDIR=`dirname $DPATH`
     while read string
     do
         grep -qi $string $file && {
             mkdir -p $DDIR
             echo Copying $file to ${DPATH}_${string}
             cp -p $file ${DPATH}_${string}
         }
     done < /home/search/search.csv
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading data from excel using shell script

Hi all I am new to shell scripting. I need to write a shell script that reads each row of an USER_ID colume in a excel file. the excel has around 10000 rows of data. Can someone gives me some example or advice what's best way to do this thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger99
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to format a .CSV data

Hi There I needed to write a Unix shell script which will pick up the data from a .CSV file and reformat it as per the requirement and write it to another .CSV file. Currently I am in the proess of Data Import to "Remedy System" (A one kind of incident mangement Application) and this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uday1982
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a file through shell script

There is one Text file data.txt. Data within this file looks like: a.sql b.sql c.sql d.sql ..... ..... want to write a shell script which will access these values within a loop, access one value at a time and store into a variable. can anyone plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to format .CSV data

Hi all, I have written a shell script to search a specified directory (e.g. /home/user) for a list of specific words (shown as ${TMPDIR}/wordlist below). The script works well enough, but I was wondering if there was a way to display the line number that the word is found on? Thanks! cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmcmurtr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting data as a CSV file from Unix shell script

Friends...This is the first time i am trying the report generation using shell script... any suggestions are welcome. Is there a way to set the font size & color when i am exporting the data from unix shell script as a CSV file ? The following sample data is saved as a .csv file in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a csv file using shell script

Hello All, I have a csv file that looks like below ProdId_A,3.3.3,some text,some/text,sometext_1.2.3 ProdId_B,3.3.3,some text,some/text,sometext_1.2.3 ProdId_C,3.3.3,some text,some/text,sometext_1.2.3 ProdId_A,6.6.6,some text,some/text,sometext_9.9.9 I will get ProdId from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to extract data from csv file

Hi Guys, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 7 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 7 as below along with their values. Name, Address,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data from csv file

Hi everyone, I have a csv file which has data with different heading and column names as below. Static Data Ingested ,,,,,,,,,,,,Known Explained Rejections Column_1,column_2,Column_3,Column_4,,Column_6,Column_7,,% Column_8,,Column_9 ,Column_10 ,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for .Txt to .csv conversion with data processing

Hi experts, I want to convert a txt file having rows and columns (CNAI_DUMP_raw.txt) by comparing it with another text file (paramaters.txt) and generate a output in CSV which contains only 3rd column from CNAI_DUMP_raw.txt, and the columns mentioned in parameters.txt. FYI: There are two... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautam Banerjee
16 Replies
SUBSTR_COUNT(3) 							 1							   SUBSTR_COUNT(3)

substr_count - Count the number of substring occurrences

SYNOPSIS
int substr_count (string $haystack, string $needle, [int $offset], [int $length]) DESCRIPTION
substr_count(3) returns the number of times the $needle substring occurs in the $haystack string. Please note that $needle is case sensi- tive. Note This function doesn't count overlapped substrings. See the example below! PARAMETERS
o $haystack - The string to search in o $needle - The substring to search for o $offset - The offset where to start counting o $length - The maximum length after the specified offset to search for the substring. It outputs a warning if the offset plus the length is greater than the $haystack length. RETURN VALUES
This function returns an integer. CHANGELOG
+--------+-----------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Added the $offset and the $length parameters | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 A substr_count(3) example <?php $text = 'This is a test'; echo strlen($text); // 14 echo substr_count($text, 'is'); // 2 // the string is reduced to 's is a test', so it prints 1 echo substr_count($text, 'is', 3); // the text is reduced to 's i', so it prints 0 echo substr_count($text, 'is', 3, 3); // generates a warning because 5+10 > 14 echo substr_count($text, 'is', 5, 10); // prints only 1, because it doesn't count overlapped substrings $text2 = 'gcdgcdgcd'; echo substr_count($text2, 'gcdgcd'); ?> SEE ALSO
count_chars(3), strpos(3), substr(3), strstr(3). PHP Documentation Group SUBSTR_COUNT(3)