Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding results of a find to an array Post 302542791 by Nitrodist on Thursday 28th of July 2011 03:31:27 PM
Old 07-28-2011
Fully qualify the array by using ${XmlPath[$Path_Counter]} when you're echoing it out -- assignment looks OK. tldp explanation.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Results of command execution into array

Hi Can anybody tell me how can I dump the results of execution of a command into array form? For example, I want to execute: and put each part of the result in an array element: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Array results

Hi, In a kshell , i need to compare the results of two array . each Non-match value should copy to a new array. For example: ========== Array one contain the following values: A B C Array two contain the following values: C F A E After comparing this arrays , a new array should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Results of "find" to an array

I am looking to search a directory for a folder or file and when it finds any hits I want it to store those hits in an array so I can work with those hits later on. I have been trying to do something like this but it isn't putting results into an array like I would like, is it syntax or is this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tret
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing a for loop adding up the results

Hi there If I run a 'swap -l' on my solaris box, i get swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s1 54,65 8 67119560 65655144 /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s2 54,65 8 33119522 32655122 I wanted to run a for loop adding up the totals of each column 4 , excluding the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding grep'd results in a variable

Here is one I am baffled with; I have not used unix for a while and now that I am back it has been fun remembering and I have enjoyed it, for the most past. this is in ksh. I need to search in a file for the line with X1 and cut columns 20-25, put them into a variable, added them (dollar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CougarMutt
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding previous results

Hi, I am trying to use awk to do the following: For a column: 5 3 4 2 7 I want to start with the first entry then add the second to the first, third to second ..etc: 5 8 12 14 21 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append awk results into file or array

for a in {1..100} do awk '{ sum+=$a} END {print sum}' a=$a file1 > file2 done I know I will get only one number if following the code above, how can I get 100 sum numbers in file2? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanliushao
2 Replies

8. Programming

Results Of A Variable Into An Array Using C Language

Can C add its results into an array like bash? For example using bash: cat /etc/passwd **truncated for space ** gdm:x:109:118:Gnome Display Manager:/var/lib/gdm:/bin/false mysql:x:110:122:MySQL Server,,,:/nonexistent:/bin/false statd:x:111:65534::/var/lib/nfs:/bin/false... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Adding results up

Hi There Just created a .sql script and executes fine, it comes back with two lines of results, I was wondering is there a way of adding up the two results to get a round number. I tired wc -l but that didn't work. Many Thanks for your help psql -t -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Adding to an array in an external file, and adding elements to it.

I have an array in an external file, "array.txt", which contains: char *testarray={"Zero", "One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five", "Six", "Seven", "Eight", "Nine"};I want to be able to add an element to this array, and have that element display, whenever I call it, without having to recompile... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius
29 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)