Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if PATH contains a certain string problem! Post 302542784 by vas28r13 on Thursday 28th of July 2011 03:11:32 PM
Old 07-28-2011
if PATH contains a certain string problem!

Hi I am using MKS Toolkit c shell.

I want to basically check if my PATH variable already contains a certain path directory so I tried this (it didnt work!): if: Expression Syntax

Code:
if ( echo $path |grep -c c:/PROGRA~1/blah/blah ) then

please help me get this little statement to work.

Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc path problem - no acceptable path found

Hello everyone, I'm a unix noob. I have a powerbook running mac os x 10.4 and for one of my classes I need to install the latest version of php (5.0.5). I'm following the instructions at http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/php.html to install but I've run into a problem. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kendokendokendo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Replace A String In File With A String Containing Windows File Path

Hi, I have a file with the following contents # Lines that start with a # are comments. # # Calling TOAD like this will perform a comparison from command line : # # "C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 9.6\toad.exe" -c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select the path that contains a certain string from a certain file?

Hi, I am new to this world of shell programming. I am facing a problem that is : I have directory which has many sub directories at different depth. say A/B/C/files A/B/files A/B/C/D/files In this directory structure there exists a file called ".project" in some of the sub... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

taking a part of string from a given path

Hi I have two path as follows system/console/bin/code/sample/testfile.txt system/console/bin/database/files/new/dbfile.txt I need the output as code/sample in first case database/files/new in second case That is I am omitting system/console/bin and the filename(s) in both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resolved: Building a string with a path in it

I know this is probably simple, but the brain cells that originally stored my shell scripting classes from 10+ years ago have long since been drowned in beer. I need to create a string (to append to a file) containing a path derived from the current path. Basically, I want to append "/something"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove path string from file (string contains "/")

This is the way sed -i 's/home/$USER/.config/hello_there//g' /home/$USER/.gnomerc But, as far as I saw you cannot add any "/" in the string you want to remove.... So, what should I do in order to remove this path (which contains "/") ?:confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace string from file which contains variable and path - SH

e.g. /home/$USER/.config replace it with "" (empty) Is this possible? I think you should play a bit with sharps ## and sed:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining whether given string is path or not

I have an issue while determing whether given string is unix path or not There is a text file which is normally a report in that at some place we have unix path as shown below /opt/smart/dev/eur/sources/sqr and not unix path as shown below Threshold Year/Month/Ref/ActLine/OUC Is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract partial string from path.

Hi all, i've a string $DIR=/u/user/NDE/TEST_LOGS/20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120/HD/TEST_11_HD_120/hd-12 i need to extract string from 2011.... i.e i need it as 20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120 as matched string, and in turn i need to split values 20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120 into two.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
6 Replies

10. Linux

Find a string in a path

Hi All, I am trying to find a particular string in a path, but able to do so. I tried through grep command but its taking so long time which is not appropriate. e.g: Path : /oct/oracle/apps/OMEC/appl/xxaterp/1.0/reports/US/ Suppose in this path we have 10 .rdf file and I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikash163
2 Replies
MKDIR(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							  MKDIR(2)

NAME
mkdir -- make a directory file SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stat.h> int mkdir(const char *path, mode_t mode); DESCRIPTION
The directory path is created with the access permissions specified by mode and restricted by the umask(2) of the calling process. See chmod(2) for the possible permission bit masks for mode. The directory's owner ID is set to the process's effective user ID. The directory's group ID is set to that of the parent directory in which it is created. Note: the behavior of mkdir() is undefined when mode bits other than the low 9 bits are used. Use chmod(2) after mkdir() to explicitly set the other bits (See example below). RETURN VALUES
A 0 return value indicates success. A -1 return value indicates an error, and an error code is stored in errno. ERRORS
Mkdir() will fail and no directory will be created if: [EACCES] Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix. [EACCES] Write permission is denied for the parent directory. [EDQUOT] The new directory cannot be created because the user's quota of disk blocks on the file system that will contain the directory has been exhausted. [EDQUOT] The user's quota of inodes on the file system on which the directory is being created has been exhausted. [EEXIST] The named file exists. [EFAULT] Path points outside the process's allocated address space. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while making the directory entry or allocating the inode. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. [ELOOP] Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname. This is taken to be indicative of a looping sym- bolic link. [EMLINK] The parent directory already has {LINK_MAX} links. [ENAMETOOLONG] A component of a pathname exceeded {NAME_MAX} characters, or an entire path name exceeded {PATH_MAX} characters. [ENOENT] A component of the path prefix does not exist or path is an empty string. [ENOSPC] The new directory cannot be created because there is no space left on the file system that would contain it. [ENOSPC] There are no free inodes on the file system on which the directory is being created. [ENOTDIR] A component of the path prefix is not a directory. [EROFS] The parent directory resides on a read-only file system. EXAMPLE
int main (int argc, const char * argv[]) { /* The behavior of mkdir is undefined for anything other than the "permission" bits */ if (mkdir("/tmp/blah", 0777)) perror("/tmp/blah"); /* So we need to set the sticky/executable bits explicitly with chmod after calling mkdir */ if (chmod("/tmp/blah", 07777)) perror("/tmp/blah"); } LEGACY SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> The include file <sys/types.h> is necessary. SEE ALSO
chmod(2), stat(2), umask(2), compat(5) STANDARDS
The mkdir() function conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-1988 (``POSIX.1''). 4.2 Berkeley Distribution December 11, 1993 4.2 Berkeley Distribution