Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripts in solaris server
Operating Systems Solaris Scripts in solaris server Post 302542382 by vivek.goel.piet on Wednesday 27th of July 2011 11:15:47 AM
Old 07-27-2011
Just ise the full path of the pearl binaries in ur script and it will run properly under any shell in unix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kill scripts under Solaris

I should know this, but do K scripts in the /etc/rc?.d directories get run in numerically ascending or descending order? By default there are none in rc3.d. Is it OK to put 2 in there, and will they be run first (which is my goal). Thanks, Chuck (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris login scripts

I've got Solaris 9. I've read that I can do a login script for each individual user with the .postlogin file, but is there not a way to set up something like that from a group-membership level? If there is, how can one trace down what group membership login scripts are being run? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: citrowske
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. Thanks in advance. Phatan:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. with simple example please. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To copy a file from one unix server to another unix server through scripts

I am getting the fallowing error when i am trying to execute the scp commomd in shell script warning: You have no controlling tty. Cannot read confirmation. warning: Authentication failed. Disconnected; key exchange or algorithm negotiation failed (Key exchange failed.). scp2: warning: ssh2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manit
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute scripts on remote server

Hi All, I need to first of all establish a connection to remote unix server non-interactively with the help of a shell script and then connect to oracle database from that server all with this script of mine. Please suggest the best method which could be used to connect to server for executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_kapur83
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running scripts from different server

Hi, I need a script (ksh) on ServerAdmin that will run an archive scripts from different several Servers through ssh. The problem is that how can i switch user when before running the archive script. I already configured password-less connection on the servers. server 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run scripts on remote server

I have a sql script in my parent server - host1 i can do a passwordless ssh to remote server - host1a and host1b Can i run the sql script which is present in host1 by connecting to host1a and host1b. Should i place the sql script in host1a and host1b ? Is there a way i can run without placing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagesh_1985
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

10. Solaris

When were all scripts on the Solaris server last executed?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and I am hoping someone will be able to help me:) I have inherited a very old Solaris server that has a number of scripts around 500 in total. I need to migrate the scripts to Linux but I would like to know which ones are currently being executed rather... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: josamy
10 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD